Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Axial offset rims...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Axial offset rims...

I hear they will work and now im hearing they will not. What will and will not work? I have the HR racing "narrow" rims on mine and it made my rig 11 inches wide and the rim is really wide also I dont see what is narrow about them.
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I tried a set of 8 shooters and there wasn't much thread to tighten down the locknut for the wheel. The clearance was o.k but the hold worried me so I took them off.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ok so what works... Mayhems?
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ive used JConcepts, Proline and axial wheels on mine. I ended up using stock axial aluminum hexes and cone washers with locknuts that I filed down to let the nylon insert go all the way onto the threaded portion. Not sure if they were within tech limits, but I never had any issues blowing hexes out.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

MSD has axial offset wheels that work great - I'm using the no offset MSD wheels - the only difference is my out to out is 10 1/2" instead of 10"
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
On the lookout for Rocks

I mounted a set of DNA Berg offset wheels on the front of mine and they would work if they had about .25" less offset.

Last edited by constantmotion; 08-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

How are you guys measuring the offset or back spacing on your wheels?

Back of the hex pocket or off the depth of the hex pocket? That can make a difference. Some wheels have a shallow hex pocket and only swallow half the hex. Some wheels have a deep hex pocket and grab the entire hex.

.040" or so per side can make a little difference if your trying to hit a certain width. My Axial offset should work pretty good on the Losi. The back of my hex pocket is flush with the back of the wheel. My hex pocket is over .200" deep. I can get some definite measurements for you if you'd like to compare with other wheels.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
How are you guys measuring the offset or back spacing on your wheels?

Back of the hex pocket or off the depth of the hex pocket? That can make a difference. Some wheels have a shallow hex pocket and only swallow half the hex. Some wheels have a deep hex pocket and grab the entire hex.

.040" or so per side can make a little difference if your trying to hit a certain width. My Axial offset should work pretty good on the Losi. The back of my hex pocket is flush with the back of the wheel. My hex pocket is over .200" deep. I can get some definite measurements for you if you'd like to compare with other wheels.

The only info I can give you is when using stock ax10 wheels with Losi claws mounted my width jumps to 10.5. Stock width using losi wheels and tires is 10.0.

I honestly think A new offset wheel should be made by the vendors to get the width back to 10.0.

On the Losi wheel the hex pocket is .15 deep. On the back measuring from the bottom of the Hex pocket to the outside of the ring is .5 On the front measuring from the outside of the ring to the face of the wheel at the point the wheel nut touches the wheels is .7 Total wheel width from outer ring to ring is 1.3

Last edited by TLTRyan; 08-11-2009 at 11:55 PM.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote