Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: losikid's losi comp crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default losikid's losi comp crawler

I just ordered a moa kit for my losi, and will start taking pics as i go along in the process of building it up, only pics i have now is on a youtube video from awhile back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRIfu...eature=channel since this video i have changed the motor to a titan 21 turn and now i just ordered a moa kit, should be here any day, my plans for a moa kit is integy motors, one fxr at first but soon to be dual fxr's, put 4ws on it eventually, use a custom built 6 channel 2.4 pistol tx (still in progress) and i'm thinking about some new wheels maybe eritex, any comments and suggestions would be great
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Go for it, I will be building mine right behind you, Eritex wheels are sweet.
brug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

id stay away from rear steer but itd be cool on a Losi! thats if your not comping it
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Got Worms?

i plan on rear steer for when i'm bashing, but i will have it locked when i'm comping, i need to do something with my v2 cvd's once i go v3 (going to wait awhile to see if there are better ones or v4's) and i'll probably make it all aluminum on the front so i can put my old front stuff on the rear
Old 10-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Who's your Daddy-0!

Honestly man you don't need 4WS with having the MOA kit. It will be a bit of work to change it when you want to comp. The knuckles will have to come off, change the CVD's, remove the servo, take off the steering links...... With the steering throw the Losi has + the MOA you can make really tight turns daddy-0!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Got Worms?

yea but if i have my rear steer servo plugged in and and tell it to not to turn it won't turn at all and is still comp legal and if my servo isn't strong enough i'll just bolt down the the steering links and like i said "enventually" so when i have enough money to put a good servo on the back i'll put 4ws, and if its not comp legal i don't mind taking it off, i would do it anyway because i pull my axles apart and clean them and regrease before comps, i'm also thinking that i might spray paint my axles and moa kit so they match, should i get some high temp paint, it shouldn't get that hot but i wasn't sure what type of heat the moa put out

Last edited by losikid; 10-23-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
Got Worms?

Alright i finally got around to getting every thing on tonight, i took some pics along the way, here is a link to the album http://picasaweb.google.com/losikid/...eat=directlink , i have't mounted my rx or my battery because i'm not sure where they're going yet, but i hooked everything and i turned it one, made sure the motors were running the right way, i noticed that my moa makes some noise, kinda of like a light grinding, so i was wondering how tight or loose should the mesh be set, and how level does the motor have to be, i also noticed one of my titans make a horrible grinding like noise when its only rotating one way, but not the other, any ideas why that is, where is every one mounting the batteries

My current to-do list
dual hh pullers
another fxr
titanium steering links and such
some higher c ratting batteries (i have 20-30c, looking for 40-50)
new body
2.4 ghz radio
v3'cvd's
alumminum knuckes and othe steering componets
Old 10-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

the grinding is 32 pitch gears there louder then 48 pitch becarful with the gear mesh i toasted one of my pinon gears in a couple of comps becuase i didn't have it set right. i don't know how to tell u whats the best way to set it. trail and error was my way. as for the the battery i mounted mine to my top links with a peice of lexan. dig and fxr are on my skid plate and recevier is on the rear links with lexan and bec is zipped tied to a cross brace.
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Default Rear Steer

Just FYI Rear Steer is really cool on the Losi. I have it on mine and have no problems with the rear lockout. I run a Punk RC Programmable Computer and modded my TQ4 to work with it. I have Round Steer, Crab Steer, and Rear Lockout. The fun part is when you are not competing and out playing use the dig and rear steer together. I can do stuff on the rocks others can't . Make sure you use good servos. HiTec's HS-7950TH is the new 480 oz programmable digital that works amazing and only cost $120 at my local hobby shop.
ThGdThBd&ThUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
Got Worms?

how do you have the rear lock out
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default Rear Lockout

Rear Lock out is just basically the rear servo being held in the centered position and not allowing any signal to go to the servo.

PunkRC's programmable computer makes it possible and since your doing MOA then it would also allow you to do dig. Otherwise you can use its spare channel for winch or other accessory.

If you get the PunkRC Steering Computer then it will just allow you to do the rear steer crab, round, and rear lock out. It controls the steering servo's.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
Got Worms?

when i do 4ws i'll have a stick conversion or 4pk so i can control everything on the tx no need for punk elec.'s, and to update i ordered 2 hh pullers a mamba max & a123 cells, and another set of tires and wheels (rock claws and proline 8 shooters)

Last edited by losikid; 11-10-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Very Nice... You will have to post some pics when your done... Let me know how that setup works for ya.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
Got Worms?

i'm also gettin a HH esc here in about a week also
Old 11-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Got Worms?

well i got my pullers, hh esc, and a123 cells all hooked up, i'll have some pics by tomorrow, does anyone know of a skid plate that makes the chassis about 1/8th inch wider maybey 3/16", i got these a123 cells and when not hooked together they fit fine but once there all soldered together they won't fit so i had to make a pyramid which totally defeated the purpose of LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY
Old 11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
Got Worms?

i finally got some pics of it completed follw the link http://picasaweb.google.com/losikid/...eat=directlink
i have a question though under a torque load i only either the front or rear wheels would move,
The specs are
LCC
Eritex MOA
Dual HH 7t pullers
HH esc
losi claws
hs-7955tg
3s a123 2300 batt pack
traxxas radio gear

no dig yet

Also i did some testing and forgot to loctite the setscrews and i spun one of them off, first time i ever did that in a crawler
Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i have a question though under a torque load i only either the front or rear wheels would move
that is what clod stall is. some people try runnig different pinions front to rear. i also read somewhere in the losi forum a guy went to a 4s battery and all his stall is gone.

To me I have just tried to adapt my driving to it.

once you hook up the dig things will change again. for the good
zookiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #18
Got Worms?

yea i though about the 4s but the pullers shouldn't be running more than 12 volts and recommend is 10 volts, i'm running 9.9 volts, will dual esc's get rid of this, also can i post pics on here through pisca because i'd rather do that than just a link
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
will dual esc's get rid of this
No idea, try searching the forum in the different MOA subs.

can you put image tags around your pics to link them?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper