Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Looking at getting an LCC. help me out???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Looking at getting an LCC. help me out???

I currently have an Axial and an HR MOA that is being built. My axial has stock chassis with HR shocks DNA dig Mamba Max ESC Integy 55 turn motor with traxxas drivelines, a plethera of tires, overdrive front and underdrive rear. I am a mediocre driver. I was offered a LCC with MOA kit and LRP brushless system with 21.5 turn motor for $400. help me out making my decision. the rig has seen rock like 3 times.
1iDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

well you wont use the brushless system with the moa. so thats a lose unless you put it in the axial.

for that price though its not to bad.

LCC kit $280
MOA kit $105
LRP sys. $180

Total $575

i would buy it then sell the brushless system, and your HR MOA
then buy
Holmes Hobbies BR-XL esc
two Holmes Hobbies torque master motors (30t)
BLC regear kit(soon to be avalible)
BLC High clearance OTA steering link
BLC Carbom upper links
BLC delrin lower links
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

buy it but keep it a shafty
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 View Post
the nice thing is the MOA kit is direct bolt on so it doesnt take much to change it back and forth.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 View Post
Disagree. IMHO, most people who say that have not seen a MOA LCC run with the proper gearing. You could always buy a second matching brushless system and run dual brushless on the MOA.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Disagree. IMHO, most people who say that have not seen a MOA LCC run with the proper gearing. You could always buy a second matching brushless system and run dual brushless on the MOA.
Man that sounds good to me!! The only downfall would be that you need sensored motors and esc. Meaning that setup would require some tricky wiring or 2 escs! But from what I have seen, the Losi out preforms axials either way! and indoor coarses, the Losi seems to out preform most burgs!
debooffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

see I've been waiting for Axial to come out with their Powered Axles but, every time i hear that they'll be out "soon" I decide not to get something that I have a great deal on and then i wait 2 or 3 months and they're not out yet. Then another good deal arises and I ask around and talk to some sponsored drivers and they all say wait for Axial.
So heres my question. if you have $400 and you have this deal on the Losi and you hear Axial has there MOA's almost ready to roll out. do you save the $400 and wait for Axial or do you get the losi and then sell off the losi when Axial comes out?
next up... i always here that a correctly set up Losi will stomp an Axial and many bergs with it. I can look at the standings but what do you guys notice different with the LCC. chris what have you run into with you LCC MOA?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iDriver View Post
see I've been waiting for Axial to come out with their Powered Axles but, every time i hear that they'll be out "soon" I decide not to get something that I have a great deal on and then i wait 2 or 3 months and they're not out yet. Then another good deal arises and I ask around and talk to some sponsored drivers and they all say wait for Axial.
So heres my question. if you have $400 and you have this deal on the Losi and you hear Axial has there MOA's almost ready to roll out. do you save the $400 and wait for Axial or do you get the losi and then sell off the losi when Axial comes out?
next up... i always here that a correctly set up Losi will stomp an Axial and many bergs with it. I can look at the standings but what do you guys notice different with the LCC. chris what have you run into with you LCC MOA?
Heres the deal; The Losi is a good rig. I hated it when I first got it but since I had alot of time & money in it I did what I had to so that it worked for me. You need to keep good fresh grease in the axles constantly so that they perform smoothly, not a big deal but if you dont they begin to stall. I like the rig moa but I never ran it with the tranny so I cant comment on its stock performance. If you go moa you absolutely have to re-gear it, the Eritex ratio of 55.5:1 isnt good. Jeepial (BLC) is offering a bolt on re-gear that is gonna make these moa Losi's tons better.

Personally I wouldnt hold out for the Axial MOA. It seems that all new release products have early teething issues that need to be resolved.

What about my old HR rig?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

hey jerry buy black label crawler regear kit and the moa will work awsome, or can runn it as a shafty the lrp is sensored. or u can just buy it from me run it til the axial comes out and they work the bugs out of and then sell it and get the axial. it's worth way more then what i'm sellin it for with all the extras i have on it
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Hey Chris we are still trying to Chassis the HR, the Axial chassis is terrible to build an MOA with. we are working to find another chassis and I think jeremy cut the axial chassis up to make it work. but nothing has been going well on the build between miffed up chassis incompatible spring/shock combo. bad steering angles. I think he almost has it together. its been "rigged" up. he is still going to use it which is the reason i bought it was for him to comp with and get used to driving an MOA and see if it really is that much of an improvement. The HR will hang around either for a basher or someone that needs to get into crawling.

The LCC is cause I've always wanted to run a Losi to see what it was like, and then also i wanted to see if i drove a Losi any better than an Axial, the MOA kit is just a bonus. If nothing else I will end up with a HR MOA, an Axial, and a LCC. When Axial comes out with its MOA's I will sell one of them, prolly the HR as i want to have a sport rig for a new driver. hey chris, Jason please don't post this on RECON, I want to see the look of disgust on my brothers face when I pick it up on sunday. If I don't like the Losi I'll just hold onto it for a little while and then let it go.

The down side of all of this is, I believe in and Love Axial. But I crawl like s**t when I drive an Axial. when I drive a berg i do alot better, I want to see if its the MOA that makes me soo much better or just the different rig. The Losi will not be set up my way, I will follow some build threads and follow someones setup to see if it work with my driving cause my setup doesn't.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Why can't you use brushless with MOA?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iDriver View Post
Hey Chris we are still trying to Chassis the HR, the Axial chassis is terrible to build an MOA with. we are working to find another chassis and I think jeremy cut the axial chassis up to make it work. but nothing has been going well on the build between miffed up chassis incompatible spring/shock combo. bad steering angles. I think he almost has it together. its been "rigged" up. he is still going to use it which is the reason i bought it was for him to comp with and get used to driving an MOA and see if it really is that much of an improvement. The HR will hang around either for a basher or someone that needs to get into crawling.

The LCC is cause I've always wanted to run a Losi to see what it was like, and then also i wanted to see if i drove a Losi any better than an Axial, the MOA kit is just a bonus. If nothing else I will end up with a HR MOA, an Axial, and a LCC. When Axial comes out with its MOA's I will sell one of them, prolly the HR as i want to have a sport rig for a new driver. hey chris, Jason please don't post this on RECON, I want to see the look of disgust on my brothers face when I pick it up on sunday. If I don't like the Losi I'll just hold onto it for a little while and then let it go.

The down side of all of this is, I believe in and Love Axial. But I crawl like s**t when I drive an Axial. when I drive a berg i do alot better, I want to see if its the MOA that makes me soo much better or just the different rig. The Losi will not be set up my way, I will follow some build threads and follow someones setup to see if it work with my driving cause my setup doesn't.
Good luck, one of those should work out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Why can't you use brushless with MOA?
You can, you just cant run 2 brushless motors off of the same ESC.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post

You can, you just cant run 2 brushless motors off of the same ESC.
Correct,You would have to have two sensored esc to run 2 bushless motors without any cogging.
lt99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #14
RCC Addict

OK. So it is just expensive to run brushless MOA.

Looks like there will be a couple new Losi's at the next comp in Jan.(my first)

Sorry about the high-jack 1iDriver.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

u goin to sneak 1 in on ur bro huh, the losi drives way different then ur axial it'll take a little gettin used to but once u learn to work it u'll like it
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #16

ok all your need is the folowing for an awsome rig......1 eritex MOA kit 105$...2 a pair of intigy 35t motors 19$ a piece.......3 get a tekin fxr system with one motor for $109. and a punk dig switch....your choice if you want to make one or not.
nitroboy is offline   Reply With Quote