Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Moa motor Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

I really don't know what it is. I just feel I'm more consistent with the shafties. I find them more predictable. But there are guys locally that won't drive anything but MOA anymore. It's just a matter of what you want. Both are good, then it's fining what's best for you.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
What is it about MOA you dont like? Ive never run MOA and not to sure about it. Thats why I dont want to go buying a bunch of 4s and 10T pullers and HH torque Masters ESC just to find out I dont like it. I was hoping to just buy a Novak M2 for $139, put two integy motors on it and go. I can adjust the bias (clod stall) with the Novak M2. Thats why Im set on the M2.
do you have anybody local with a Moa setup that you could run? Thats what i would do before dropping any cash on the setup.If you did go with the Moa setup,i think you would be very happy and wouldnt want to go back.
I havent.
1428turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Just Bergs. A Losi is a whole different animal. I drove a Berg once, for a minute. It was smooth and all, but Ill stay with my Losi. I guess Ill just order some Integy 35t's and pre order a Novak M2 3s and try it. If I dont like it I can try and sell all the stuff here on RCC. To be able to adjust the bias (clod stall) would be a great option to have. The Losi has front and rear dig. I cant say I lock the front axle much, but when I do, Im glad I have it. The M2 would give another option to use with the bias. But as we all know the M2 is only good for 3s. Just need to make sure a Losi MOA will work on 35T 3s, and not be a total 100% failure before I even get it put together.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

You'll be fine with it. Guys run Supers on 3 cell and do good.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #25
5th D Owner/Driver

Ran 35t tekin motors with the fxr and the stock moa gears but had to go up one pinion on the front. Had a little stall but had good wheel speed on a 3 cell 1300 lipo. Run time was around 20-25 minutes. With the 10t pullers, BLC regear, 16t pinions, Holmes esc and 4 cell 1250 lipos I have almost no noticable stall and still get 20-25 minutes with what seems like twice the power. Ran the punk dig on both setups. Either way works good, I just couldnt leave it alone knowing how much power the shafty brushless version had. Love the 10t pullers, but if you are just trying it out I would do the 35s first and upgrade later if you like it.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Just Bergs. A Losi is a whole different animal. I drove a Berg once, for a minute. It was smooth and all, but Ill stay with my Losi. I guess Ill just order some Integy 35t's and pre order a Novak M2 3s and try it. If I dont like it I can try and sell all the stuff here on RCC. To be able to adjust the bias (clod stall) would be a great option to have. The Losi has front and rear dig. I cant say I lock the front axle much, but when I do, Im glad I have it. The M2 would give another option to use with the bias. But as we all know the M2 is only good for 3s. Just need to make sure a Losi MOA will work on 35T 3s, and not be a total 100% failure before I even get it put together.
Befor i found my 10t i ran cheap integy 35t and it worked just fine,and i still have them as spares if needed.
1428turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
Get these motors. 10mm common = more torque, and the Losi MOA needs torque
Fantom Crawler Handwound's 35T with 10mm common.

http://www.fantomracing.com/
I LOVE these motors, been running them for about 3 months now. They are GREAT, loads of torque, great wheel speed, and did I mention they are GREAT. I'm running the BLC 48p gears with a 18t spur, 3s, MM esc, &punk dig. I get about 30-45min run times. In the first comp took a top 10, in the second comp 3rd, and the last comp 2nd. I can't complain about my losi moa.
LEADFOOT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADFOOT82 View Post
I LOVE these motors, been running them for about 3 months now. They are GREAT, loads of torque, great wheel speed, and did I mention they are GREAT. I'm running the BLC 48p gears with a 18t spur, 3s, MM esc, &punk dig. I get about 30-45min run times. In the first comp took a top 10, in the second comp 3rd, and the last comp 2nd. I can't complain about my losi moa.
Thats awesome. I think Im gonna order two of the 35T 10mm comm motors.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thats awesome. I think Im gonna order two of the 35T 10mm comm motors.
They even have a shinny can, bling, bling
LEADFOOT82 is offline   Reply With Quote