Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: 27t motor on stock LNC ESC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 27t motor on stock LNC ESC?

I did some searching and found a few people that seemed to be running a 27t motor on the stock LNC ESC, but no solid info on that setup.

Can anyone tell me if that will work fine or not???

Thanks
timh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by timh View Post
I did some searching and found a few people that seemed to be running a 27t motor on the stock LNC ESC, but no solid info on that setup.

Can anyone tell me if that will work fine or not???

Thanks
I run a 35t Integy on mine with no issues...

I saw one sitting on the counter at my LHS with a 27t in it...

I think you're fine... But read through your manual and see if you can find specs on the ESC.
Voteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Defy Gravity

i'm running a 27t in mine, with a stock can it ran hotter than all get out, but with a modified can set to 0, it runs like a champ, cooler than the steering servo infact.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I was running a 27t on the stock esc. The manual says you could run a 12t. My experience with this set up was ok. I had more power, but it did not react well when I added more weight. It would run about 5 to 7 mins before it got so hot that it lost power. Thats with a 14 tooth pinion. And at that size of pinion I was back to my stock wheel speed. After experimenting with several different gear ratios I am now back with my stock motor. The low speed control on the stock motor is way better than the 27t and my run times have increased. The esc and motor don't even break a sweat. I was going for more wheel speed and at the same time trying to keep my torque. I have found that this probaly impossible with the LNC unless you go brushless.
Helihover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for all the info. I had looked through the manual but I must have missed it. I think I may give it a try and see what happens!
timh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

I've also tried some different set ups and played with different pinions with the stock motor and I've concluded that I like the stock set up the best. Your not gonna win any drag races but the torque and slow speed control is excellent.
The stock ESC does have a tendency to get hot even with stock motor and larger pinion gear.
Tdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I run a 20t pinion on my 35t Integy and the can can heat up a little but I get great torque and wheel-speed.

Plus I think the motor was around $17

After I go to a 3-cell lipo I might gear down a little...

Anybody know of a pinion gear "variety pack" ? Something like a 17,18, and 19 in the same bag?
Voteban is offline   Reply With Quote