Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Samdogs sportsman losi build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Lightbulb Samdogs sportsman losi build

So i got a LNC that is converted to a LCC it a awsome rig but im tired of only having one rig to run at my local comps. Its time to put a losi sportsman rig together. Starting out with a ax-10 droogin droop style chassie, my old LNC trans, custom skid my buddy chevellian is fabbin up for me of course some losi axles, delrin links, a goat system not sure on the motor yet 13.5-18.5 any input would help? I want some decent wheelspeed. Im still waiting on parts to arrive just thought id get a jump on this build thread
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

keep us posted, sounds cool
GearLoDriveSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well i went with MIP driveshafts I should recive most of my parts by next week. Then i can start the build pics and get the ball rolling, If anybody is running a brushless setup in a LNC chime in on what system pinion size any what kind of wheelspeed and torque you have so i can get a good idea on what to go with Thanks

Last edited by samdog; 04-22-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Got my mip shafts today thats some thing i ordered a set of LCC axles from WV 6 days ago still didnt arrive and the mips took 2 days from utah Go figure
Old 04-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

18.5t you'll want the tourqe it has! IMO the 18.5t is a great motor for the Losi
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Your best bet on the motor would be the 17.5 Losi Xcelorin Crawler.Probably would even be good with the 21.5...I would get the losi esc aswell.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

im using the 18.5t csilver crawler motor in mine and couldnt be happier
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #8

i would stay away from xcelorin if it was me but i know lots who have had problems and i learned from their mistake i would go with novak goat not the losi setup
firefighten_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Another vote for Goat 3s 18.5 t here (on 3s lipo of course)
sledge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

lnc I run a 13.5 /mmp combo with 2cells are plenty of torque sometimes I put 6s on it just messing around it will flip on its lid from a standstill or jump most rocks when i blip the throttle.
D_Frawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

so the goat is better has anyone had problems with the losi on this thread i have been readin all day and didnt see anyhting on how the losi was horrible just wonderin
vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Running mine on the goat 3s 18.5 and 15 t 3c the temps are good wheelspeed fine and no probs. Here.
Lineman A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Still waiting on the rest of my parts, Got all my hardware today, Mostly sticking with the 4-40 hardware the skid will be attached to the chassie with 3mm. This will be my first custom made crawler Im just hoping it works well. I just ordered a goat 2s esc remanfactured and a 13.5 siniter crawler motor I just hope i didnt go wrong on the motor, Our club only runs 2s on the sportsman rigs so i thought it would be a good combo Im starting out with a 15t pinion see how that works and go from there for a servo im going with the ckrc wiggler for now just because i already have it will go with a better one in time. also ordered a cc bec So thats where im at now waiting for the mailman to bring my goodies I left out my shock combo traxxas big bore with internal springs Im sure the will be lots of tuning involed I will keep you posted
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

sounds good so far but where are the pics im kinda curious because i just paid for one myself
vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

well looks like this build will be on hold I bought some axles off ebay and they never showed up every thing else i ordered is sitting in a box Never buy from this guy He does not respond to my emails and never gave me a tracking number and gave me a bogus confermation number So i dont where to go from here Looks like i may have to buy a LCC just for the axles unless somebody out there has a set for sale PM me if you do If i dont have them by the 6th i will be getting my money back I dont know maybe something happen to the guy who knows I just know that im pretty upset with the sittuation So i will keep you posted on when this build will take place

Last edited by samdog; 05-03-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I've bought a couple sets of axles off him and a few other parts. Never had a problem. Never tried to contact him about anything though.

Good luck.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Well after a very nasty email i sent to the seller of my lcc axles he finally got back to me saying he was in the hospital Who knows but he is sending them out monday. so hopefully this build will get started mid next week. I was about to order a lcc just to get this build started but i will wait and see if they show up first. So my next post should be alot of pics everthing is here besides the axles
Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Default pics

Got my skid today did a little mockup work Things are going to be tight i think the motor will just barely clear the chassie may have to do alittle work to the chassie for fitment but so far it looks doable Sorry for the cell phone pics will get the digital cam out next time, Also installed the new steel trans gears with the mip shafts dont know what will be next inline to break ??
Attached Images

Last edited by samdog; 05-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Just a little update, I had a bid on a set of LNC axles from that eBay seller when you posted about your problems. I ended up winning them Sunday night, sent payment Monday morning and they came in the mail this morning. That's about typical of my experiences with him. Did you ever get yours? Mine are just for spare parts, but the parts are a lot cheaper this way.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Yea i just recived them today my camra is MIA so i will post some cell pics tomorrow Things are going to be very tight on this rig I went a tad to norrow on the skid but i have to deal with it now. Made some delrin links up this morning would like to do some semi high clearence links nut not sure how to get the lenght right Any tips anybody ? well off to measure the rear links