Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: ya I know, another ESC/motor thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

Default ya I know, another ESC/motor thread

To many problems with my Losi ESC, 17.5 and 21.5 crawler. They have stopped working. I think the ESC has gone south. So now I want to change setups. I love the speed of the 17.5 and the torque of the 21.5. I use both 2S and 3S with both motors but don't like that I lose my custom ESC setups when I use the quick setup card to change from 2S to 3S.

Hears what I'm thinking. MMP ESC on 3S and 4S (auto detect). Novak ballistic crawler motor. Not sure witch one? 18.5 or 21.5. I'm thinking the 21.5 on 4S and the new HD Losi gears (in a month or 2 when they get released) should give me lots of torque and speed.

Any opinions on this set up or other suggestions on ESC and motors to use in my LCC would be great?

Thanks,
Will

Last edited by kodiak ak; 07-12-2010 at 01:11 PM.
kodiak ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I am loving my MMP with the novak 21.5t with 14mm rotor. I run 3s now and it works well but will be getting 4s soon to try out. I am watching motor temps and what not and think I may be able to go to a larger pinion though and gain some wheel speed so we will see.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak View Post
To many problems with my Losi ESC, 17.5 and 21.5 crawler. They have stopped working. I think the ESC has gone south. So now I want to change setups. I love the speed of the 17.5 and the torque of the 21.5. I use both 2S and 3S with both motors but don't like that I lose my custom ESC setups when I use the quick setup card to change from 2S to 3S.

Hears what I'm thinking. MMP ESC on 3S and 4S (auto detect). Novak ballistic crawler motor. Not sure witch one? 18.5 or 21.5. I'm thinking the 21.5 on 4S and the new HD Losi gears (in a month or 2 when they get released) should give me lots of torque and speed.

Any opinions on this set up or other suggestions on ESC and motors to use in my LCC would be great?

Thanks,
Will
sometimes the MMP has issues when slow crawling....It will stall out at very
low throttle and make a loud beep sound. It seems its hit or miss with it....I
was unfortunate and got one.

The smoothest system so far is my RS pro on the 17.5. And my standard Losi
1/10 system with the crawler firmware running a BEC..That is butter smooth.
But I have also had the 1/10 crawler system stop working on me
before....Duno what it is about that crawler ESC.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

yeah im going through the same issues losi 17.5 with mm pro...........low speed sucks it has no torque i had a goat 3 s before and had some issues but at least it would crawl the monster max pro is definately not a crawler esc it will be going back into my blitz asap.................kinda dissapointed........
KrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Esc

It was my first time sending thee esc to losi. So I would say that there trying to improve. Sometimes the new products may have failures, thats why most people wait a while instead of buying it now. in my own option is that their esc might have a bad bec build in? When I was running the 2s 1350 mah lipo, it worked fine just not enough run time and wheel spin... Then I bought a 3s lipo, switched settings, ran for 10 mins, then turned it off, 2 hours later friend wanted to check it out. It just wont turn on.. But the losi customer service seems excellent though. So I wont complain.. Might as wel get another esc for backup, and switch wheit has issue in comps and send failure back...til they fix the issues.
DirtyDezPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

As Fairchild says the standard losi esc (9500) with the update is what I am running. No issues at all and is super smooth
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

ive been running the mmp and novak 18.5t and trinity 21.5t since the beginning and the mmp has worked flawlessly for me everytime
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the input fellas.

I have been running the standard Losi Xcelorin 1/10 ESC with the losi 17.5 and 21.5 crawler. I power my RX and dig servo off the internal ESC BEC and use a CC 10 amp BEC to power my steering servo. It runs butter smooth when it is working. I don't like having to use the quick program card (AQPC) to swap from 2S to 3S. The AQPC that came with my ESC resets some of the other setting like braking 20% drag brake 8%. If the Losi ESC had auto detect and went up to 4S or more or the AQPC would allow me to swap battery size with out resetting the other choices on the the AQPC I would stick with it.

From reading on some of the other threads it looked like several other people are running the MMP and Novak motor and liked it. Am I wrong? Do those of you running the MMP and Novak not like it or having problems with it?

I like the Losi set up for the most part just tired of dealing with its shortcomings.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #9

Time for me to make a choice. My LCC has been on the shelve long enough (about a week). I'm going to give the MMP and Novak 21.5 a try. If it doesn't work, I'll replace my Losi ESC and go back to the all Losi setup and move the MMP to one of my other 1/10 cars.

I hope it works so I can give 4S a try.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

dude just so you know i could not get my mmp to work properly.....i have the tekin now works sweet...........had a novak before that it was good but it cut out all the time.....
KrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #11

Thanks for the info.

I thought about giving Tekin a try. Tekin has some great deals if you go direct through them with a military discount. I'm active duty USCG. If the MMP that I ordered last night doesn't work in the LCC maybe I will give a Tekin system a try.

On a side note do you know of any good places to crawl. I live in Elizabeth City NC. My brother in law lives off Indian river rd in VA Beach. I go to Hobby Town and Debs RC once or twice a month. There isn't much to crawl on hear in E-City, just tilings. I use to live in Kodiak AK and love crawling my 1/1 and1/10 in AK. I keep kicking my self in the a$$ for selling my 1/1. No place to use it around hear, but selling it did get me a 2010 Camaro 2SS. I call it my mullet mobile or mid life crisis.