Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Crawler Design Works - Losi Parts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Crawler Design Works - Losi Parts Thread

A quick introduction of myself. My name is Rob and live in Farmington NM, my day job is designing industrial equipment for a machine/fab shop. I have been working with Anthony (Yotachump) from nearly the beginning of CDW. We collaborate on all of the product designs and I do all the CAD work. Recently I traded in my berg for a pair of Losi CCR's. I setup the first one using Del Monte's setup and felt comfortable with the truck by the end of the first comp. I'm tickled to even be showing the bergs a thing or two . Only problem is that I can't leave well enough alone so be expecting some new CDW Losi products to be coming down the pipeline as I develop the second truck. I have upgraded to vendor status so that I can deal with these parts directly and any PM inquiries involving Losi parts should be sent to me not Anthony.

While we dial in some of the designs, how about a feeler to gauge the interest in an Aluminum Hardware kit. Currently getting quotes for a transmission and chassis kit. Is there any interest in this? It would be considerably cheaper than having to piece it together for yourself.

Last edited by rob_b; 08-25-2010 at 09:38 AM.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default sounds good!

How about an MOA kit that's not so bulky and comes with 48p gears?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
A quick introduction of myself. My name is Rob and live in Farmington NM, my day job is designing industrial equipment for a machine/fab shop. I have been working with Anthony (Yotachump) from nearly the beginning of CDW. We collaborate on all of the product designs and I do all the CAD work. Recently I traded in my berg for a pair of Losi CCR's. I setup the first one using Del Monte's setup and felt comfortable with the truck by the end of the first comp. I'm tickled to even be showing the bergs a thing or two . Only problem is that I can't leave well enough alone so be expecting some new CDW Losi products to be coming down the pipeline as I develop the second truck. I have upgraded to vendor status so that I can deal with these parts directly and any PM inquiries involving Losi parts should be sent to me not Anthony.

While we dial in some of the designs, how about a feeler to gauge the interest in an Aluminum Hardware kit. Currently getting quotes for a transmission and chassis kit. Is there any interest in this? It would be considerably cheaper than having to piece it together for yourself.
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I'll be keen to see what you come up with

Not sure what your plans are but i would like to see someone make stainless C's & knuckles
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I'd like to see heavy C's myself. A true BTA setup would be pretty cool as well.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I don't see developing any MOA parts, a chassis at most. Removing as much rotating and sprung weight and adding it back on to the axles is defiantly one of the goals
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Definitely some weighting system similiar to DelMonte's would be great! Still looking for better clearance w/o the sacrifice of sidehilling.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hardware kit is a great start. My rig is working great! Curious to see what you can do to make it better

IMHO about the only thing I'd change is less rotating mass, they say that helps alot.
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I'd be interested in aluminum hardware, if it was metric.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Knuckles that can handle a better weight setup that would take away the mass
rotation weight. Check Del's thread....He has the best idea so far.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

The bolt kits would be standard hardware. EGRESSor already makes knuckles and bolt on weights. Here and here. Jake's setup looks very simple and I have been thinking of duplicating it for my truck but wouldn't sell his idea.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Yep...I like the fact Del uses the Losi after-market C's/Knuckles. GL on the
designing..The Losi is a fun little rig.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Keep me posted on that chassis i would like to see some real high clearance links on the rear.
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I like the hardware kit. Also anything you can come up with to achieve better ground clearence under the skid would be cool. That seems to be the area that the bergs really excel over my LCC.
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
Got Worms?

How about some sealed axle housings so we can run oil instead of grease, I know it will probably never happen but it seems like a good idea
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I like the idea of alum hardware. I would like to see the bent rear links as well. I know others sell a version but the dig servo mount you use frees up some space. The RC bros mount is nice but takes up some serious room.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
........Removing as much rotating and sprung weight and adding it back on to the axles is defiantly one of the goals
Count me as another interested party in this.

I have 2 complete LCC's and as soon as our Summer series is over I intend the put my main Comp rig on a diet....
sledge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #17
Like a boss...

My only comment for you Rob is....where were you last year!

Seriously...I couldn't be a bigger fan of CDW and the two of you. I'm sure what ever comes out your skunkworks will be awesome.

Last edited by mann0mann; 08-25-2010 at 10:16 PM.
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Metal or alloy housings so we don't keep stripping out the plastic threads. When the worms are in a good bind, the force slowly but surely seperates the housing. I think this deflection contributes to worm gear breakage. Will also be in line with your goal of more unsprung weight. Might be a good way to ditch the wheel weights if it's heavy enough.
A servo/battery tray for the front axle. Would probably need to be angled like this ^ to allow full steering throw.
A lightweight delrin bodiless option designed to fit around rhe LCC tranny, preserve the double triangulation and shock/uppers hole options.
A servo plate that allows increased tringulation on the uppers.
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for all the suggestions guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann0mann View Post
My only comment for you Rob is....where were you last year!

Seriously...I couldn't be a bigger fan of CDW and the two of you. I'm sure what ever comes out your skunkworks will be awesome.
Tweaking on Berg parts I figured with the XR10 coming out what better time to jump ship on the MOA thing and swim up stream with a shafty.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Rob what about a weight system that fits inside the axle housing? This could go along with the alum housing idea.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote