Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Modded LNC Vs. LCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Modded LNC Vs. LCC

I have a LNC, learned the basics on it, love the truck, and am now addicted. I decided for my 30th birthday, (remember to stay young at heart kids!), I was going to buy myself a LCC. However, now I'm thinking about just modding my LNC. It has the stock esc and motor, which is lacking in speed, but it's called crawling for a reason. I've upgraded the wheels, tires, servo, and steering linkage. I'm only debating buying the LCC for 2 reasons, 1. the LNC seems like a very capable rig, 2. if I were ever to compete, i feel it would be in a very entry level class, where the LCC may be too much for me. I understand the whole dig issue, and my transmitter will allow for a 3rd channel, and i like the ability to pull with just the front. I am not overly concerned about cost, and either way it will end up costing a decent amount. As far as upgrades to my LNC, i was going to add the alum LCC links, shocks, alum knuckles and hubs, basically all the Losi alum upgrade parts, and a smaller battery for lower and more forward placement. (right now i run a 5000mah 2s stick and i'm still impressed with performance, so lower and lighter would be great). Any thoughts on this would be great, I'm not a noob, I've used the search button, but haven't found the input i'm looking for. Any other mods i can add to my LNC to make it more capable? upgrade the lnc and be happy, or buy the lcc and just be done with it? thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Get a LCC and keep the LNC for parts, or a sportsman rig.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

is a sportsman rig pretty much like an entry level version of rock crawling, cause if so, thats all i really need. Also, will the LCC links fit on a LNC? Thanks!
-bryan
Old 09-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes they will, I bought a LNC that was converted to a LCC. Works great, no complaints.

Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Keep the LNC no issues. LCC full of bugs!

Buy a traxxas VXL 1/10 scale brushless system and bamb, speed for days and power to crush rocks. Very little coging at low low low speed starts.

Turn radio throttle EPA to 60 forward and 60 reverse.
MRCking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Another vote for keep the LNC. Not to take away anything from the LCC, it's a great truck but from what you described the LNC would be just fine.

Do a few mods to your LNC and focus on learning to drive it well and getting it setup properly. Here is what I would recommend for upgrades.
- Novak Goat 3s w/ 18.5 motor -or- Traxxas Titan 550 21t w/ stock LNC ESC on 2s (Goat is better but depends on your budget, I've ran both...$185 vs. $25)
- LCC lower links -or- the new D-Lux Fab high clearance links look very nice (I run the LCC links and they do fine)
- LCC battery tray, receiver tray and chassis braces (have to run lipo since nimh's will not fit the tray)
- LCC shocks, shock arms and shock braces
- Losi gold springs for the shocks
- RCBros OTA steering

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things since it's so late but that would be a good start. That is a good majority of the mods I have on my LNC and it performs very well. What tires and steering servo do you currently run? What wheels did you upgrade to? Running any extra weight in the wheels?

Give us more details about what you have done so far and I'll give you some more suggestions.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I think i'm gonna keep it, you guys have been helpful and it's appreciated. As far as mods...

Upgrades so far:
LCC steering linkage
Losi alum servo arm
HiTec servo
upgraded wheels / tires
trimmed body

things i'd like to get
Losi alum knuckles and hubs
LCC upper and lower links
possibly lcc shocks
lower turn motor for more wheel speed
lots of the losi alum upgrades

Any further suggestions would be great. Again, i use this to play with, not a serious competiton crawler, i am aware that if i ever go that route, a LCC would be better, but in the mean time, this seems like a cheaper way to still have a ton of fun. As far as batteries, right now i run a stick pack style 5000mah, lasts for days, lol. i know i can run a smaller battery towards the front of the tray, and it's help my cog, and i plan on doing that for if i try a comp in the future.

-bryan
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
I think i'm gonna keep it, you guys have been helpful and it's appreciated. As far as mods...

Upgrades so far:
LCC steering linkage
Losi alum servo arm
HiTec servo
upgraded wheels / tires
trimmed body

things i'd like to get
Losi alum knuckles and hubs
LCC upper and lower links
possibly lcc shocks
lower turn motor for more wheel speed
lots of the losi alum upgrades

Any further suggestions would be great. Again, i use this to play with, not a serious competiton crawler, i am aware that if i ever go that route, a LCC would be better, but in the mean time, this seems like a cheaper way to still have a ton of fun. As far as batteries, right now i run a stick pack style 5000mah, lasts for days, lol. i know i can run a smaller battery towards the front of the tray, and it's help my cog, and i plan on doing that for if i try a comp in the future.

-bryan
cheaper??

think what your spending in up grades

ive got around $650 in my LCC
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have a LNC that I have upgraded to be very capable. I have the LCC upper & lower links. LCC Steering links. LCC beadlocks. JR 8711 servo. Custom steel/aluminum body that goes over the stock chassis. My rig is very capable with the stock esc/motor. The only upgrade left would be to get the dig tranny and lcc shock mounts. Looking back I should have just bought the LCC but I am pleased overall.
DzrtRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

That's what I run started lnc added the lcc tranny kept the lnc links cause they slide over stuff better. So I run the LNCCC can't tell any differance from the lccs in the club.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default hi steer

what's the brand on your high steer set up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Yes they will, I bought a LNC that was converted to a LCC. Works great, no complaints.

rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks like the RCBros OTA setup. I run it on my LNC and it works great.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

so i ordered up some lcc links, titan motor, and some other quick upgrades, gonna see how it acts the next few weeks, and post up what my verdict is. thanks for all the tips folks!
-bryan
Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I like the RCbros steering link, then I saw the new black label OTA and thought it looked better but I don't know how it performs. I asked around and many people run the rcbros, solid construction. also had a friend make up some high clearance links for the rear. Wanted to get the ones from Dlux since I have his worms and hex pins but kind of $$. He has quality products.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Once our local Sportsman series is over, I'll probably redo my LNC with Dlux high clearance links and some other upgrades. The RCBros OTA steering is definitely a high quality piece, order it and you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
so i ordered up some lcc links, titan motor, and some other quick upgrades, gonna see how it acts the next few weeks, and post up what my verdict is. thanks for all the tips folks!
-bryan
You won't be disappointed by the LNC. If you take the time to dial it in, it can definitely be a competitive rig. The Titan motor is a good upgrade, especially for the cost. Don't expect a big increase in wheel speed but it does increase torque. I ran the stock 20t pinion with the Titan on my LNC and I was happy with it.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I was going to try it with the stock pinion first, thanks for the heads up on wheel speed, as i was expecting a bit more, but knowing that ahead of time is good. I'll post up before and after pics when it's all gussied up.
-bryan
Old 09-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

The stock pinion is a 20. You'll like the Titan, for $25 it's a good upgrade. If the stock ESC could handle 3s, I'd still be running the Titan. But since buying a new ESC was 3/4 of the price of the complete Goat setup, I just went ahead and went brushless.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default tested

Finally got a chance to go find some rocks, and i am very impressed with the improvements i selected, mainly gold springs, new wheels with heavier weights, and a titan motor to move those heavier wheels. I can't wait to go back to my favorite spots and see how she does. I didn't get to do a good vertical or sidehill test at the new place (one of the big dykes in Oxford, Ma), but general climbing up and over and down was greatly improved. Links being upgraded to metal were more for looks for me, as i didn't notice a great deal of upper or lower link flex to begin with, except the steering. pics to come soon.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #20

I have a LNC as well and love it! I was not sure how much I would like 2.2 Crawling so I choose to go with the LNC over the LCC. I have removed the battery tray and added the LCC cross braces and shock mounts. Then I moved the Battery and speed controller to lexan pieces that I zip tied to the lower links like many have done. That was one of the best things for lower CG. Weighted the wheels and changed to Rovers. Gold Springs..
I love it and can hold the lines with the guys I crawl with, who have all kinds of rigs including the LCC.
Cucamonga Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote