Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: how often do you lock up the front wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default how often do you lock up the front wheels

I am asking because I have the DX3S so I can only do the rear dig unless I use servo reverse. I wanna know if it would be worth it to buy a DX3R or DX3E. Does the DX3R have enough features over the DX3E to make it worth the extra $200? I have only climbed rocks in my town and went to Westminster Hobby Town once. So very little experience, so it might sound like a dumb question but I would appreciate some good feedback. I do have a LCC so yes I am am referring to a LCC.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Not as much as the rear but everytime I use the rig the front will get use... I thought the dx3s could do 3 position dig just like the dx3r?
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

if you run more than one rig then yes the dx3r is needed it also has a finer adjustment and its a computer radio.I personally use a dx3e mainly due to finances i see have no problems with it i believe it to be a good radio for the money.Don't get me wrong if I had the cash i would get a dx3r because i do run more than one rig
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I was loaned a dx3r for nationals and suffered withdrawls going back to my dx3s. It's not a must have but you sure do miss it when it's gone.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I cant say I use it every course, but when I do its worth having. If your just starting out go get lots of practice, watch others, and as you learn it will become apparent when you need it. Then you can upgrade your radio.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I lock up the front to push me around things I can't dig through, or turn me. I have the DX3e and love it. I bound it to all three of my rigs, LCC, MRC and SCX10. It works great, the only downside is that it does not have model memory. All I have to do is go and adjust the end points and I'm good to go. It is a good way to go if you are on a budget like me.

Last edited by Jslick; 11-18-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

If your going to compete regularly buy a radio that will allow you to do both. If your not then I would not bother. Just know it will be a bit more challenging for you vs the other guy with the ability to do the same thing but that is not necessary bad?
d.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I mostly use rear burn when I come up to a ledge at an angle and need to swing the back end around......rest the front tire on the rock, lock the front, then burn the rear....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I mostly use rear burn when I come up to a ledge at an angle and need to swing the back end around......rest the front tire on the rock, lock the front, then burn the rear....
thanks for all your replies. It sounds like I could stick with my DX3S for now and just wait and see what i need but it kinda does sound like a DX3R would be worth it later. Ah hell might just take a trip to Hobbytown next week and spend $300. The DX3S is a 2 pos switch for the third channel. I tried the servo reverse a few times but thats a true pain in the butt!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Just so you know, the DX3E has a 3 position third channel switch. It is also only $60 from Horizon (for the transmitter only):
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPMR3160

You might want to verify with Spektrum that your existing receiver will work with the 3E....
Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Just so you know, the DX3E has a 3 position third channel switch. It is also only $60 from Horizon (for the transmitter only):
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPMR3160

You might want to verify with Spektrum that your existing receiver will work with the 3E....
Hmm good thought I always like savin cash. Goin to spektrum website now. I always have my DX3S for my other cars. It would just be nice to get full use of my dig. Another thought is the Futuba 4pl comes out in a few weeks then I have a spare channel for .....you name it. Thanks for that one too.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The only downside to the 3E that I see is that it only has one model memory....