Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Upgrade Questions (LNC)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #1

Default Upgrade Questions (LNC)

Just picked up a night crawler and I would like to upgrage it, here is the list so far.

MOA kit
Tires
XR4 transmitter & Receiver
Aluminum links
Shocks

Anyone have any feedback on my list as well as items that i should be looking at?

Thanks
(Greg) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #2

You should have saved your money and just bought a Losi Comp Crawler if you are going to do all that. You wasted an extra $100 already.

Last edited by Penguin Geek; 12-31-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Penguin Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

penguin geek is rightif u bought the lcc instead you would have the links and shocks taken care of. from you radio selection i presume you will be running one esc and a dig so i would look at a holmes hobbies brxl or mamba max and then a punk dig instead of the rc4wd rocker dig as i havent heard many good things about it. for motors something with around 35t. for tires i would look at hb white rovers or sedonas. and get yourself some 3s lipos and a decent charger for them if you dont already
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i got the lnc because it gave me starting ground to get my feet wet in crawling, and back into the hobby of rc. the lnc is a good kit right out of the box. id just stock pile some funds for a bit and go out there and have fun...then realize by watching your rig where you need to put the money. ive been creating a list of things to purchase for upgrades and when i take out my lnc i see where i need to spend, such as steering, better gripping tires, shock set etc...
have fun!
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Buy the following:

- set screws for the axles, so you can grease them regulary.
-lead automotive wheel weights to put some weight in the wheels, (when you get more addicted get Dlux's knuckle weights)
-Rover, Sedona, or Losi Boss Claws, and some real good memory foam, look at Crawler Innovations stuff. -Steering servo that has atleast 200+ oz of power
-LCC shock arms to give you some more adjustability
-some different shock oils to play with

These are some of the basic things most guys start out doing to mod their LNC/LCC. There are endless options on modding your rig. The more you become addicted the more you tend to spend. LOL ! All of the things listed above should give noticable performance gains.
When you are looking for more serious tech tips be sure to check out some of the build threads and follow mimic some of their mods.

Keep in mind that if you get your post count up or buy a star you can find screaming deals on all sorts of parts for you rig on the classified section !!

Last edited by Toyo496; 12-31-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Hey Greg don’t be panic man, take it easy. I support you with the LNC, it’s a great rig to get started at the hobby and this way you’ll be learning how’re the rules just out of the box without the need to spend all the money you’d need to get started with a LCC.
If you got recently your LNC, just enjoy it as it comes from factory, maybe just for a little while.
I know, I know, there are a lot of stuff around there just to upgrade your rig to the bones but my modest opinion is you should discovered the power you stock LNC have to offer you step by step.
Make the basic first if you haven’t done it yet, you know add weight up fronts, different upper links setup, different shocks setup so this way you’ll really see what works and what don’t.
Yes maybe I’m being a little gentle and obvious with my advises and you want all the stuff together and right now, me too man, but what I try to say you is that enjoy the little step by step, so you’ll be able to know what the real stuff you need and when you be ready for the great jump just get the best your pocket can afford and don’t waste your money in bargain stuff as I did, this is for sure a bad way to spend your money
Just take your time to search here at rccrawler there is a lot of good information that will help you to get you successful!!!
Remember, Step by step!!!
EL VASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #7

Thanks guys, lots to think about.
(Greg) is offline   Reply With Quote