Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LCC Flex Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #1

Exclamation LCC Flex Question

So Im new to the Crawling thing.. I noticed that the rig is about to flex all the way one way but not the other.. the lower link hits the drive shaft and stops it from flexing all the way and it look like its losing about 3/8" of shock travel. Are there any ways to fix that. or it that just the way its gunna be with a shaft driven rig opposed to MOA..
KOLODZIE1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

most of us run limiters, 17mm myself, that stop the flex before the shaft hits. I run the stock shafts with no problems but others swap over to the Night Crawler ones that are skinnier.

they let you gave some more clearance. You need the prop shafts and tranny output cups from the Night Crawler kits to convert them.

You can use rubber fuel tube for external shock limiters if you go that route. To much flex can get you into more trouble when you least need it so limiting it doesnt hurt in most cases.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

i switched to the night crawler shafts and it gives a little more flex. I'm of the line of thinking that i never want to limit my wheel travel intentionally. I want the most wheel travel possible as long as it remains balanced.

Right now my shocks are my limit.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I limit 16-17mm in the front and usually 12mm in the rear. I couldnt imagine ever going back to no limiters. It's so nice being able to carry a tire over a nasty hole instead of having the tire fall in the hole and get stuck.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
MODERATOR™

I run 15 millimeter limiters all around. They're very much required tuning in my opinion. Anywhere from 12 to whatever... 17 millis, I guess. Looks like I like the middle of the road.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Only reason I run so much in the front is so I dont have to shim the trans up. If I run less, my lower link hits the motor...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote