Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Fantacmet's LNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #1

Default Fantacmet's LNC

Ok so I picked this thing up as a BND, and I use a Spektrum DX3S. While the battery I bought was charging (Turnigy 3600 Lipo), I removed the servo and replaced it with the 167oz Spektrum Ti Gear Heli servo I bought. 167 at 6, so it's not quite getting the full voltage at this point, but that will change soon enough. So the stock servo never got a chance. It's sitting in a buddy's TRaxxas now.

I added a buncha weight to the front wheels, and then some on the rear axle. Also divot cut the foams. I temporarily went to an Integy 35t Lathe. I had picked up a Tekin RS speed control and 17.5 brushless for it technically used, and I got it working correctly without cogging finally, and tossed on like a 16 or 17 tooth pinion. Thing has insane power now. Not bad for 150 bones.

Don't know why everyone bitches about the battery tray, my rig is pretty damn stable. I have no issues, nor complaints with respect to it. To each their own I guess.

Next some nearly unused and in perfect condition JPS Aluminum beadlock wheels for 30 bucks from a buddy. Done some misc stuff to the mounting positions and what not. Filled the rear shocks with 60 weight, and left the front alone. That made a hell of a difference in and of itself.

Thinking of flipping my shocks over but have yet to do so I keep forgetting about it. I get some reasonable traction but some more wouldn't hurt, for climbing up some obstacles, mostly verticle climbs, which also leads me to needing better breakover. Seems the local comps almost all of the gates are climbing up a 12 inch verticle wall onto a platform(or at least the ones I saw). Gonna need to find a way to get some bent links to work with the upper links.

Will get some more pics up later. I have a few on my phone of some action.

Last edited by fantacmet; 03-07-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Forgot pictures.
fantacmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I just got a LNC and love it... enjoy beating the axials!
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

looks like a good start. nice deal on the tekin rs system
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #4

Ok well got more done to it. The body is just a beatup K5 I got from a local guy, and it's cooler then the stock body though not as pretty. I'm a Chevy guy and it makes this thing not look like every other comp style rig.

The other thing is obviously the tires. SAved some dough on a couple of new gassers I got today, and these were used one time and then put up for sale so picked up the set for 40 bucks. Proline TSL's.

fantacmet is offline   Reply With Quote