Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: DIG servo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default DIG servo?

I was thinking of getting the Hitec 5245 MG servo for my dig on my LCC. Is this a good choice or is there a better option?
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I really like my HS81 for the size and weight. I would have went with the smallest in hindsight though (hs65?).

I dont see any reason to use a bigger servo on these cars.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySwan View Post
I was thinking of getting the Hitec 5245 MG servo for my dig on my LCC. Is this a good choice or is there a better option?
5245MG is what I'm running and has Never given me an ounce of trouble and has worked flawlesly! It is a bit of overkill but works well! I have killed 2x HS-225's and also a losi mini servo but that was all in the settings for my EPA's (I over travelled them and burn't them out).

Robb.
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

i use a micro futuba (can't remember the model # off the top of my head) and has worked perfect with no issues.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I like the little guys like the Hitec 225. I was lazy and didn't check or keep up on my epa's and did smoke 1 due to user error. I switched over to a full size 5645 and it worked well. Problem was I could really feel the extra weight and didn't like the performance of the truck over all during comps with the larger servo. I went back to a 225mg and keep an eye on the adjustments and check the linkage for proper engagement every few times I go out now and all has been well. The servos the dig was designed around work well you just need to keep your eye on them. One other thing i didn't like was the increased wear on all my dig parts from the larger servo. Not sure why but the plates and out drives wore pretty heavy with the big one and required replacing when I went back to the mini.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I really like my HS81 for the size and weight. I would have went with the smallest in hindsight though (hs65?).

I dont see any reason to use a bigger servo on these cars.
Very true. I have powered mine off a hs-55 just to see what would happen. While the transit time was horrible and it did struggle it would however put it into and out of dig.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, I think I'm going with the hs81. Seems light and strong enough for the task.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote