Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: glitching and or cogging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default glitching and or cogging

I gots me a new problem I have been trying to chase down for a while... and it seems to be getting worse....... truck truck will sit there a cog under a slight load.... thena give it more throttle and its like it just kicks in and goes...... full throttle seems fine, but low partial throttle sometimes it just stops and sits there and cogs.....the esc is new and it seemed to do this with the other one too, but I can't remember....

what can cause this issue? steering is fine.....

the motor is a new brood handwound, esc is a new stocker, cc BEC,
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

how do you have the bec wired in? and what's its voltage set at. also does the rx light or bec light dim or flicker while doing this.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
how do you have the bec wired in? and what's its voltage set at. also does the rx light or bec light dim or flicker while doing this.

I haven't looked at the RX light, but I will tomorrow, the BEC is wired through the RX in the bind port i believe @6v
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
Defy Gravity

alright, if its wired as per castle directions, with the esc red pulled, and the bec starts dimming or flickering, the bec is shot, exactly what happened to my first one. exact symptoms as well. watch it closely though, i missed it for a long time until i just sat and watched it like a hawk
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
alright, if its wired as per castle directions, with the esc red pulled, and the bec starts dimming or flickering, the bec is shot, exactly what happened to my first one. exact symptoms as well. watch it closely though, i missed it for a long time until i just sat and watched it like a hawk

alrighty.... i'll check it out, its pissin me off.... I guess another way to find out is to unhook it just to see if the motor does this still
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
Defy Gravity

yup, mine was fine using the esc internal, but the first call to castle, they said to try reprogramming it, when it kept doing it, called em again after i noticed the led dimming and "that's not good" is how that one ended.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yup, mine was fine using the esc internal, but the first call to castle, they said to try reprogramming it, when it kept doing it, called em again after i noticed the led dimming and "that's not good" is how that one ended.
is there a warranty on these?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
Defy Gravity

one year iirc, best to call them and check. hope you kept the receipt too.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
one year iirc, best to call them and check. hope you kept the receipt too.

pfft....i dont keep receipts for nothing
Old 03-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
Defy Gravity

that'll change....this is one of the few i've lost that i needed, and it just wasn't worth it to try to remember what day i bought it on to tell my bank to print me out a different sort of receipt so i could send it in...at least i think thats what they said to do.....long story short, it wasn't worth the hassle for a 20 dollar part for me, so ordered a new one and stapled receipt in the packaging lol.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

well I pulled the BEC wires out of the RX anx it doesnt do it at all... Its smooth smooth smooth.... I guess I need to wire it the other way and see if its just too much voltage going through the RX.... the bec's green light still works, and its powering the servo, it like there is interference if I go through the RX.....
Old 03-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
Defy Gravity

hmm, if its at 6.0v it should be no problem, but i could be wrong, i know mine doesn't care (sr300) suppose i could pop the old one in to test and see if its that, mine didn't seem to like the bec too much...
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hmm, if its at 6.0v it should be no problem, but i could be wrong, i know mine doesn't care (sr300) suppose i could pop the old one in to test and see if its that, mine didn't seem to like the bec too much...
I wired it to have all power straight from BEC to servo and signal wire is going to the rx and its all good now..... damn I am loving this losi.... man its a climber, just hate runtimes....