Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: a little help duuudes!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default a little help duuudes!!

Ok check it. I was rocking the lcc for a while and decided to go moa. I bought the kit and 2 35t integy crawler motors. For the esc I purchased the m2 dig and I think that is where I screwed the pooch. The reason for the M2 was because I fly heli's and have a 12z radio. I liked the idea of having variable biasing from front to rear through my many channels. This did not seem to work right as I have the dig functioning properly but the power barely comes out of the rear. It's like a super extreme case of clod stall that can't be cured. I live near Novak so I went to their shop and I was told the M2 wasn't up to the task when using worm gears. I don't know if that is correct or not. Never the less here is my main question. I have a 3s goat crawler esc that I was using with a 21.5 when I had the tranny. Can I use that esc and a punk dig to solve my problem or do I need 2 esc's (like fxr's for example) and a punk dig?
hellacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

i think you can use the goat on a brushed motor, if so, yes on using that with the punk dig. as for 2 esc's, not familiar with your radio, but providing you can mix a master and slave channel with it, that would also work, and would provide independent control of said motors. cost wise, since you already have an esc, the dig unit would probably be the way to go. can also search here for heyok electronics, he's making a dig unit as well. in addition, novak has "the dig" to provide control of 2 esc's

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 03-20-2011 at 12:37 PM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote