Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: oops my bad i shoulda posted this here HELP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #1

Default oops my bad i shoulda posted this here HELP!!!

Hi Guys i posted this over on the newb page and not much feedback so i thought id post it over here to . I have a LNC and its been pretty good until yesterday .
All the sudden it has no power ,its running slowwww and when I go to climb a rock its just drives up to the rock and stops . I took it to hobbytown and they sold me a new and supossedly better motor . I installed the motor and it really didnt help . its still slow and cant climb anything . This thing would normally drive up to what ever you wanted to climb and it would either power up it or spin the tires and now it just stops . so far this is what ive done
1. fresh new 2s battery
2. reprogram the ESC
3. install new motor
4.grease rear diff .
tonight im gonna grease the front diff . i dont think thats the issue though because it turns pretty easily by hand . please help me out guys .THANKS
1fastslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Defy Gravity

....i'd delete your other thread then lol, thread tools, delete thread. as i said, i'm betting it needs grease, also check bearings. its a bind in the drivetrain. and yeah, could've waited for that one to get moved or deleted it, then come here. its a forum pet peeve about multiple threads on the same subject.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #3

deleted ...thanks for settin me straight now if i can get some more feedback .. i really hope that once i grease the front axle that its back to normal
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Defy Gravity

only other thing would be other than a drivetrain bind would be the esc attempting to give up the ghost....my stocker was a real pig the first time it died on me, just didn't want to do anything. when you have the axles apart, check the wear pattern on the spool too, should be right down the middle, if its on the edges, you have a problem.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

ok thanks i really appreciate your feedback i will check that out . i dont think its the esc i hooked up a spare brand new traxxas one just to see if thats what the problem was and it did the same thing with the new one hooked up .
Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Got Worms?

sounds like a bound up drivetrain...does your motor get hotter than usual?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default slipper?

Not sure if the LNC has a slipper, but if it does check it.
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #8

losikid , i dont get to drive it long enough to get it hot . it will drive accross the floor but it slows down dramatically when i turn which it always did but nothing this bad then . then as son as i try to climb something it just stops .

captain midnight . i dont think it has a slipper its not slipping it just stops
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i had the same problems when i built my moa truck let me find the thread basically i reshimmed and regrease and was all good.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Here you go

MOA motor problems
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #11

mindless i think your right !! after reading your thread i think the problem is the front axle worm actually i guess it could be both but im betting its the front one . especially since it has more guts in reverse and i lubed the rear already . im gonna see if my hobbytown has the worms and relace them both and regrease it . i bet i could put the stock motor back in it too once i get the worms dialed in .Thanks

Last edited by 1fastslash; 03-21-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastslash View Post
mindless i think your right !! after reading your thread i think the problem is the front axle worm actually i guess it could be both but im betting its the front one . especially since it has more guts in reverse and i lubed the rear already . im gonna see if my hobbytown has the worms and relace them both and regrease it . i bet i could put the stock motor back in it too once i get the worms dialed in .Thanks
If you can get the 21:1 HD gears, its cheaper and LOTS better
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #13

dangggg i just ordered the stock ones !!! i wish i woulda known about the HD ones . oh well i guess once these wear out ill get the HD ones . Im hoping that now that i know that they have to be services often ill be able to make them last alot longer . thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #14

Ok So greased both axles And it seemed to help aittle bit but didn't totally cure it at all . I ordered new pinion worms and new spools for it I'm gonna grease em up real good and install them tomorrow if that doesn't cure the issue then I'm really gonna be confused . BTW I'm not a big fan of the integy 55 turn motor I removed it yesterday and put the stocker back in . it never really was too under powered for what I'm doing but it's alot faster then the integy . Anyway thanks for all the replys guys . Hopefully tomorrow it will be fixed . I would have ordered the HD gear kit but there on backorder everywhere!!