Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: R/C Bros LCG steering servo mount issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default R/C Bros LCG steering servo mount issue

So, bought the R/C Bros LCG steering servo mount for my LCC. Got it put on, only to realize, it sits so low, that the nuts from the servo mounts hit the upper links. I've tried the Losi micro nuts, the stock ones, some little stainless ones I had around, and they all end up getting pushed into the rod ends if you tighten them down. I've shaved the back servo mount post down, tried using spacers, everything I could think of to get rid os this issue. The big difference being on the bottom of the stock servo holder, there are recessed parts for the nuts to go up into. So then I'm thinking, maybe it just won't work cause of the 20* hub carriers, cause it was also interfering with the servo horn. I threw it onto my LNC, which has the stock stuff, and still can't get the thing to mount properly. Am I doing something terribly wrong, or has this issue plagued anyone else? I like the product, the other stuff I got worked/fit perfect, and I've been more than pleased with William's customer service. I'm just lost on this one.
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Just use a dremel and take a little off the rod ends on the top side and everything will work perfect. I also used a button head screw from the bottom side of the servo plate and just put a washer and a nut on the top of the servo mounts.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
Just use a dremel and take a little off the rod ends on the top side and everything will work perfect. I also used a button head screw from the bottom side of the servo plate and just put a washer and a nut on the top of the servo mounts.
x2 Works like a charm.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

god, talk about looking too much into the issue, i'm gonna go try that! thanks guys.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

im using the same servo mount with the aluminum servo mounts and i put the nuts on the top of the mounts and it works like a charm im even using 20 degree hubs and have no issues
flizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

X2...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flizz View Post
im using the same servo mount...i put the nuts on the top of the mounts
I was having the same problem as you, I just used self tapping screws from the bottom...no nuts needed
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Not sure how much meat there is on the servo plate but one option is to counter sink for a flathead.

rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Rob_b, awesome idea. I did some quick measuring, and figure, since they can be countersunk form the top, it can be done from the bottom. I marked where the servo mounts go, countersunk some holes and used some stainless flathead bolts, with nuts on top. Thanks for the suggestion!
-bryan