Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC front axle teardown/axle shaft removal guide?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #1

Default LNC front axle teardown/axle shaft removal guide?

So I snapped a CVD in my LNC today. The book that came with it shows exploded views of all the vehicle components with part numbers, but doesn't show how it comes apart. Now I know my way around a 1:1 axle, and this doesn't look much different, but just to be sure, is there someplace I can find how to pull just the broken shaft out, or how to dissasemble the front axle? Can I pull just the shaft out without disturbing the gear setup? And the kingpins, are they just pressed in, and what do you guys use to remove them? Thanks in advance for any help, I really hope I can just pull the shaft.
LowLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLock View Post
So I snapped a CVD in my LNC today. The book that came with it shows exploded views of all the vehicle components with part numbers, but doesn't show how it comes apart. Now I know my way around a 1:1 axle, and this doesn't look much different, but just to be sure, is there someplace I can find how to pull just the broken shaft out, or how to dissasemble the front axle? Can I pull just the shaft out without disturbing the gear setup? And the kingpins, are they just pressed in, and what do you guys use to remove them? Thanks in advance for any help, I really hope I can just pull the shaft.
There are 2 .50 grubs that hold your kingpins in on each side. Remove them and just pull the pins up with your fingernails. After that just pull the shaft out and thats it. Your gears and all internals will be fine. Let us know if you need more help

EDIT: They are located above and below the bearing on the face of the knuckle

Last edited by highlandcrawler; 05-22-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Info
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote