Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Wiring a CC Mamba Max Pro 1 Cell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wiring a CC Mamba Max Pro 1 Cell

So I am putting a MM Pro 1 Cell in a comp crawler and want to confirm I am wiring this thing correctly. From my understanding of this ESC, it does not have an internal BEC so I will have to power everything from an external BEC. If I set the external BEC to 7.2 volts, will that be enough to power the SR300 receiver, HT7955TG and Hitec 645mg servo? On the RX the aux port is for the dig servo, the throttle port is for the ESC and I remove the red wire from the plug, The STR port is for the steering servo. Can I plug the BEC into the bind port? Does this sound right?
du4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

you may want to direct wire that external to the steering servo, (this would involve putting in 2 externals though...) i assume the 645 is the dig? if so, i'm not sure its rated to do 7.2v. and yes on plugging it into the bind port if the 645 is more capable than i think. thats the one problem i have with the one cell, if you have to use one servo at a hv rating and one at a normal 6v rating. if all else fails, call hitec and make sure.

EDIT: or just set the external to 6v, or max 645 input voltage.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by du4x4 View Post
So I am putting a MM Pro 1 Cell in a comp crawler and want to confirm I am wiring this thing correctly. From my understanding of this ESC, it does not have an internal BEC so I will have to power everything from an external BEC. If I set the external BEC to 7.2 volts, will that be enough to power the SR300 receiver, HT7955TG and Hitec 645mg servo? On the RX the aux port is for the dig servo, the throttle port is for the ESC and I remove the red wire from the plug, The STR port is for the steering servo. Can I plug the BEC into the bind port? Does this sound right?
You have It pretty much right there. You don't need to remove the red wire from the esc as there is no internal bec in the equation and its needed to power the esc. As Pete pointed out the 645 might not like 7.4 ( although I have plenty of times and all has been okay I dont advise overvolting any servo) and be better to go with a lower voltage
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

with the bec set it to 6v since thats all the 645 and 7955 are rated for, at 7.2v they will likely both burn up sooner or later. on the esc leave the red wire in or it wont work iirc (only remove red wire on esc with an internal bec when using an external one) and yes you can put the bec in the bind/batt port on the rx
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys! I got it all figured out. Now it is time to figure out how to run all the wires.
du4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
with the bec set it to 6v since thats all the 645 and 7955 are rated for, at 7.2v they will likely both burn up sooner or later. on the esc leave the red wire in or it wont work iirc (only remove red wire on esc with an internal bec when using an external one) and yes you can put the bec in the bind/batt port on the rx
correct from the best of my knowledge. Been running this way for a long time and it's VERY reliable and smooth.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote