Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: A few simple LCC questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default A few simple LCC questions

Hey guys, I just finished building a new Axial Wraith kit. I haven't got to use it much, but it works well and it fun to drive. I'm now in the market for a more crawling specific rig or a scaler. I've been reading about the Comp Crawler and a lot of people seem to like it.. Sounds like it may be becoming outdated with newer rigs coming out, but I don't care about that. I just want honest opinions of whether the truck would be a good choice for just amateur crawling and messing around. I won't be competing, or anything of that nature. Will it crawl so much better than my Wraith to justify getting one? What upgrades are mandatory? I'm a Tekin guy, so I'll either get a new FXR and 55T motor, or use an RS with a 17.5 brushless. My servo choice is the JR9100T. I'm just stuck on the fence between this truck and a new SCX10. Thanks for listening !
HurricaneSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Do you have other friends with crawlers that you go out with, or just messing around on your own most of the time? A more serious crawler won't be nearly as much fun if you don't have a buddy with a similar rig imho, in which case i'd just go with the scx10.
mdchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

A buddy of mine has an AX10 and he goes with me nearly every time I go. I had a LNC about a year and a half ago, it worked really good. Will the LCC work similar or better than that rig?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Got Worms?

LCC will work just alittle better than a lnc, and dig is nice.

Your electronics are a good pick, have to go with brushless.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Another consideration for you if you're running a LCC is that the battery life will suck for just messing around. A 3000mah 7cell battery in my lcc only lasts about 25 minutes. My buddy has an ax10 too and his will run for a couple hours on the same size battery. Really messes up your center of gravity having a battery that big sitting on top of the rig. If you like crawlin around for longer periods of time you have to either be prepared for regular battery swapping or else stick with something that doesn't use worm gears. I see lots of people recommend rc4wd bullys to guys who are mostly doing what you're planning to do, so that might also be something for you to consider.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I don't mind the battery changes. I have nothing against the Bully or RC4WD products, I'm just interested in either a Losi rig or an Axial. Easy to get parts for locally, and most commonly owned.

The only disadvantage I can see up front to getting the LCC is the lack of parts interchangeability with my wraith. I know the SCX10 and wraith don't share many parts, but things like transmission gears, bearings, hardware, etc would interchange so I'd have a smaller amount of stuff to haul around. I really need to just get the LCC and an SCX10. Haha. Thanks for your input man, I appreciate it.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Honestly you won't need many parts for a LCC, as long as you keep the worms greased you should be fine. The only thing i've had to replace so far is 1 spur gear.

Really for the prices you can fine one for in the classifieds here you pretty much can't go wrong. Should be able to find one for $150 pretty easily. Just make sure it is one with the properly cut worms and updated cvds, some of the early ones had poorly designed ones that were later updated.