Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Link placement idea..Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Link placement idea..Pics

As I was making my new bent lower links and they were just not fitting perfect I decided to play around with the idea of moving where they mount to the axle.
This is what I found that might work, I'm sure someone else has tried it and decided against it but I have not see it so here it is.

Alot more ground clearance without a high COG. The links do rub on the trans output but with a bit of tweaking I could get them to clear just fine. There is not alot of flex gained, but none lost at all so any ideas of why this would not work?
Here is a ground clearance pic.. I think I'd move the upper links to the lower mounting on the chassis, this would help protect the drive shat a bit

Last edited by -BIGMAXX-; 11-30-2011 at 10:25 PM.
-BIGMAXX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Also whay not just mount the lowers from the axle where I have them right to the protruding chassis piece right above where the lower is mounted in the pic above.
These may be stupid ideas and if so please don't bash on me too hard, I'm just trying out a few things and wanting to learn more
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Very creative.... Way to think outta the box... The only issue I can think of, but not really sure if it would be an issue... But side hill control and stability would be a little less cause you don't have the lowers outwards. But other than that it looks good.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I dont think I have ever seen more anti squat.

I would put the links back on the lower half of the axle. Your axle is going to constantly be trying to drive under the car and wheel hop will be the norm.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Erik, your right! the axle does seem to roll alot with out a link at the bottom of the axle. I guess my "spread eagle" link set design is a flop.
Oh Well, back to the drawing board, all I really want out of this is more clearance under the rear links.
annedecke has a bad a$$ set up, but when I contacted him I was told they were pretty much a one off. Here is a pic

And this thing is WICKED!

Also Erik I hope to get a set of your knuckle weights under my tree this year.....incase you were thinking of what to get me. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BIGMAXX- View Post
Also Erik I hope to get a set of your knuckle weights under my tree this year.....incase you were thinking of what to get me. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
I will forward this message to Santa. Good luck.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I will forward this message to Santa. Good luck.
Well Santa didn't do shit for me. I had to drive to Eriks house to get my knuckle weights
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote