RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   OverkillRC's: The Phoenix (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/362131-overkillrcs-phoenix.html)

pajey 12-04-2012 10:39 PM

Re: OverkillRC's: The Phoenix

Hey losikid I was just thinking... if you were to release a chassis purposly for the losi wouldn't you be the only one to have done so. I mean there are no shafty chassis that give the clerence like yours... let alone one for a losi. No one makes a chassis specifictly with the losi mind. You could probaly make a buck:mrgreen:because bwd was going to sell one that didn't/hasn't happened and the losi ringer well..... So you would be the only one. Just a thought you really did inspire me with your losi to build mine up and the chassis you run is a beast8).

losikid 12-04-2012 10:58 PM

I sold 10 sets...still in the red and i don't have money todo another batch and sit on it for afew months before i'll finally break even.

I might in the future...but right now its just on the back burner.

pajey 12-04-2012 11:03 PM

Yeah man totally understand....Still a sick chassis:mrgreen: by the way your front axles plate for the servo and battery is very cool8)

losikid 12-04-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pajey (Post 4047967)
Yeah man totally understand....Still a sick chassis:mrgreen: by the way your front axles plate for the servo and battery is very cool8)

I will have those soon...

pajey 12-04-2012 11:27 PM

Ahh.. I was going to suggest that but thought i'll just leave it but....."thumbsup"

WAM 12-04-2012 11:31 PM

If you ever do another batch, you mentioned wanting to see how these do first. So I've got a suggestion for you.

Was looking at Fish's sideplate failure and noted it's just like the failure mode that CF MRC Pro's get on the lower beam at the mounting holes. If you look at Fish's first pic you'll see that the delrin fracture area above/below the bolt hole is very small. That makes the stress at that point very high.

You only need that bottom beam to be so narrow at certain points. Perhaps you could increase the height, particularly in the vicinity of the skid plate bolt holes, and drop the height back to your current design only where necessary for the tranny base to stick out. Any increased weight would be minimal and very low. Just a thought -- if it's not clear, let me know.

losikid 12-05-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAM (Post 4047998)
If you ever do another batch, you mentioned wanting to see how these do first. So I've got a suggestion for you.

Was looking at Fish's sideplate failure and noted it's just like the failure mode that CF MRC Pro's get on the lower beam at the mounting holes. If you look at Fish's first pic you'll see that the delrin fracture area above/below the bolt hole is very small. That makes the stress at that point very high.

You only need that bottom beam to be so narrow at certain points. Perhaps you could increase the height, particularly in the vicinity of the skid plate bolt holes, and drop the height back to your current design only where necessary for the tranny base to stick out. Any increased weight would be minimal and very low. Just a thought -- if it's not clear, let me know.

I know what the issue is and how to fix it...its disturbing that delrin broke there though, as it should of just flexed

Also, no meat can be added underneath the hole, keeping the same weak spot.

Shawn M 12-10-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 4047988)
I will have those soon...

Are you looking at selling both the top and bottom plates or just the bottom one for the front axle?

I would be in for a set of both!

losikid 12-10-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn M (Post 4057741)
Are you looking at selling both the top and bottom plates or just the bottom one for the front axle?

I would be in for a set of both!

It'll be a 1/16" lower carbon fiber plate and a upper 1/16" delrin plate (to protect your battery and servo).

The lower plate may be alittle thicker, like 3mm, haven't decided yet...i need to test to make sure it works with the stock steering set as well...since mine is abit custom:ror: