Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: losi night crawler nubie!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #1

Default losi night crawler nubie!

I recently purchased a losi lnc. it was kind of an impulse buy but i am pretty happy with it as of now. This is my first rock crawler and i love it already. I'm currently running a 2c 5000mah lipo. I will save my questions for later as i know it gets quite annoying when forums have the same questions over and over. My plans as of now are wheel weights and tires, servo and bec, and relocate battery to the front axle. Also i want to do something with the lower links.
jkearns109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: losi night crawler nubie!

If you plan on crawling, first should be a smaller battery. I run 800mah 3s, but alot of people run 1300mah. That would be as big as I would go. That in itself is a huge weight saver!
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I would recommend checking on heat with a battery that big lnc r fought but I would IMO say they r not built for long runs comps r 5 mins at a time so like he said smaller batteries just keep a couple around save ur money n make good investments you will be happy I heart my lnc
Gotspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I ran a 2S 5000mah in my LNC when I first got it with no problems except for the fact it was like having a brick on top of the chassis. I stayed with 2S and went with Losi 1650mah 30C's. They work great. Short run times if you are playin, but good for comping. Focus on tires and weighting the wheels. Run the stock motor till it burns up on you and get a good 35T crawler motor. The list goes on. My LNC is now an LCC.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Great rig to start with! If you want to comp I would build it for the sporty class and not change the tranny. The lnc tranny is small and awsome for that class. Dig through the build threads on here and start playin!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
NFG
Pebble Pounder

The LNC is a awesome first rig. I still have mine but now use my LCC for Comp's. Best bang for your bucks are tires, lead weight your rims and White Losi Springs. I like Rovers and Boss Claws on mine. Weight the front tires with two wraps of the stick on type rim weights. Trim a little foam from the inside otherwise the weights push it out and screw with traction. Trim a little at a time and test the fit before you lock it all down.

You will get a ton of advice here but what I would coution you on is make changes one at a time and keep a record of them. That way you know what is working an what isn't. Your notes let you back track if things go south.
NFG is offline   Reply With Quote

losi night crawler nubie! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here! Mad Dawg Team Losi Comp Crawler 355 05-14-2023 06:43 PM
My First Rock Crawler Buildup w/ Losi Night Crawler ravencr Team Losi Comp Crawler 281 07-23-2013 02:08 PM
Losi Comp or Losi Night Crawler snwchris Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 10-11-2009 02:43 PM
nubie crawler theblackmonky Arizona 2 07-25-2009 11:28 PM