Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where to find

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #1

Default Where to find

Hey everyone I am new here to the site as well as new to rc. I am looking at buying a crawler and really been looking at the losi comp crawler and the night crawler. Problem is I cant find any place that sells the comp crawler. I go to the losi site and it directs me to the horizon site and they say its no longer avail. and all the other sites I have found are just listing parts. Where can I get the comp crawler and if its completely discontinued is the night crawler a good alternative or should I just go back to researching different crawlers. I am looking for input from anyone that can help me on this one as I have spent the last month watching videos and checking specs of every crawler I could find and when I find one I like I cant get them.
TheMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where to find

get a night crawler then find a comp trans and have fun crawling
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

or buy a star there is a couple in the for sale section rite now
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah they discontinued them a while ago I got the lnc and it's great fun but the lcc will go further with the dig so try to find a lcc or likr tjomas said get the lnc and buy the lcc trans
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
WAM
Rock Crawler

Are you sure you know what you want? While there are several minor differences, the primary difference is the LCC has a dig transmission whereas the LNC does not. The reason I ask is that if you now or later decide to compete, the Losi is a valid competitor in Sportsman class and the pro version 2.2S. Those classes do not allow dig, so no point buying the LCC over the LNC. All those other minor differences are generally handled during prep for competition.

If however you have a need for dig, you're going down the right path. Buy a star, and get what you need from the classifieds.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #6

Yeah I am sure I know what I want. I know I have no plans to compete with it this is all just for fun for me. I am goin RC crawler because I had a jeep I built for off roading till I snapped the frame in half and totaled my jeep. Instead of dumping all that money into a new jeep build I am goin rc cause I know the fun I have with the few small trucks I have now. I know the benefits to having a dig type trans in a full size crawler and thats why I would prefer to have one in my RC. I will prob just go the route thomas14 suggested and just go with night crawler and eventually upgrade to the dig. Also I see the classified section but all that shows up for me is the feedback. I dont see nothing for a for sale section
TheMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
WAM
Rock Crawler

Regarding access to classifieds, you want to read the stickies in the newbi section. The forum has classifieds access rules. If you need quicker access, you can bypass them by buying a star. But check over there.

I never used the dig in my LCC for the reasons I mentioned earlier. But I hear it works quite well when set up properly.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Big geo on here has a comp crawler with stock trans and competes with moa rigs and usually places top 3 when he competes
minicrawlerguy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
NFG
Pebble Pounder

The LNC is a great rig to start with but the first time you run against an other crawler that has a dig you will not believe the difference. I would say get the LCC and that way if you want to run the dig it is there....
NFG is offline   Reply With Quote

Where to find - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I find this? Colgout Competitions 0 11-14-2011 07:29 PM
Can't find CRAWL UGLY General Scale Talk 7 04-04-2009 09:50 AM
Can't seem to find these!!! bluonyx Newbie General 4 11-14-2006 08:34 AM
I'm trying to find... Double J Chit Chat 16 09-15-2006 01:18 PM