Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: NFG Losi MOA 2013 Novice Rig.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
NFG
Pebble Pounder

Default NFG Losi MOA 2013 Novice Rig.

Well I made the switch. I started crawling last year with a LNC but switched over to a LCC when I realized that without a dig I was doomed. End result was I won the Novice Championship with the LMRCC. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Shafty, but I realy needed a MOA to run with the top guys.

Long story short. This is my new rig. I will be defending my championship this year. I scrambled to get it up and running for Sunday's first Comp of the year. The end result was a 2nd place finish on a day that had the rocks damp and dirty. The tires I went with might of cost me the win but in reality as this was the first time I ran this rig in anger I could not be happier. It has a ways to go yet and it will only get better....

I will update this thread as the rig and Comp season continues. My Goal is another Championship then move up to Pro for 2014.

Last edited by NFG; 03-20-2013 at 02:56 PM.
NFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: NFG Losi MOA 2013 Novice Rig.

Nice rig man, I notice your running the eritex mounts, did you get the gears with it? The side panel looks like its mounted a little high.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
NFG
Pebble Pounder

I got the Eritex system from Losikid. It came with everything including the gears. I may switch them (32p for 48p) but at this point, being a new rig, I really have no reference point. I am running twin Micro Sidewinders with a Novak Dig for now. Again this may change in time. I am thinking of a Brushless set of motors but for now the Intergy 35t are working fine. I have two Tekin 35t HD motors as spares ( got to have spares).

Side panel are a quick and dirty fix done at the last minute to make it Comp legal. The night before our first Comp I had a long list of small details I needed to get done. (I walked out of the shed at two in the morning.) I will be making all new panels soon. Ha ha! Like most rigs this is a work in progress. It will never be "done!"
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
NFG
Pebble Pounder

Well we had our 2nd Comp of the year last weekend and I got third in Novice. The top three positions were 15 points apart. A real tight race for sure. Ha ha! I even beat a few Pro scores!

A few days before the Comp I blew a 11t pinion up front. I replaced it with a 12t and left the rear a 11t. Oh my what a difference. It climbs and turns like never before. I also used my shaved Rovers due to the fact it was a wet day ( just finished them the night before). So wet in fact I wrapped my rig in shrink wrap (plastic film) to keep the electrics dry. Ha ha! A few others didn't and they blew up. In hind sight maybe we should have called the event and re-scheduled. Live and burn!.... I mean learn...

Here is a little video of the day a buddy posted up. Mine is the 2nd and 3rd rig you see. Red wheels out front is what I run. Lets me spot it easier when it falls of a high cliff...

LMRCC Comp 2 Footage! - YouTube

Last edited by NFG; 04-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I like the idea of the rope for out of bounds. what are you guys using for gates??
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
NFG
Pebble Pounder

Gates are balloons filled with play sand ( like those Stress Balls you see around). They can be formed to fit in little cracks and crevices which really helps stop them rolling off the rocks. We also mark the balloons location with chalk so it can always go back to the same location. Keeps it fair... Each course has a color and the score cards reflect this. The boundary rope color even matches. We are not a smart bunch and need all the help we can get.... Ha ha!

The turn out was low for this event due to weather. Less than half of the usual clowns showed up. Even the Scale guys with their waterproof rigs stayed away. It was cold and wet, wet, wet...

Last edited by NFG; 04-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
NFG
Pebble Pounder

Well another Comp this weekend had me place 2nd. It was another nasty day on the rocks. The sun was out but the small amount of dirt and moss was still very wet. Traction suffered as the courses got used more and more...

I had torn my axles down for a good cleaning, inspection, regreasing and this bite me early on. My battery tray came loose. I didn't revisit the screws after I put it all together and on Course 1 I noticed the issue. Later on on Course 3 I felt the rig was acting up. A quick check but I couldn't see anything wrong. Course 4 same thing but I still couldn't figure what was wrong. Well after the Comp I was practicing some lines when one of the links let go. I suspect I drove the last two courses with a fractures rod end. Ha ha! And when I got home there was another broken rod end. Oh and one of the front shocks had blown a seal..... Back to the bench it goes. At least I have a month to repair it! Ha ha!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
MODERATOR™

While my Losi held up pretty good overall and rarely broke, it was by far the most in need of maintenance out of all of what I have. After every big event it was torn down. And at least weekly no matter what. Between runs it was checked over with wrenches.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
NFG
Pebble Pounder

I have exclusively driven Losi from day one so it is all I really know. But like you I am always checking it over. Considering the abuse she has seen I have not had any major issues. Ha ha!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
NFG
Pebble Pounder

Just an update. I pulled the plug om this project half way through the season. Work got busy and I was unable to attend event days. I was also getting frustrated with small issues like broken rod ends (a rash of them) and quirky electronics. This rig had moments of brilliance but lacked predictability.

Back to my LCC for now. Although now I want an aftermarket chassis.......

NFG Losi MOA 2013 Novice Rig. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nordic Crawler Design MOA Chassis Lineup for 2013 Tomy Chassis and Suspension 47 06-09-2014 09:35 AM
Oz Bruiser new C1 rig for 2013 Oz Bruiser 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 12-03-2012 05:17 AM
Losi Comp Crawler takes Novice Title! NFG Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 08-24-2012 08:41 AM
Losi wins axial wcc novice class HOLLYWOOD7 Chit Chat 54 07-01-2009 12:05 PM