Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: ??? are the losi's not locked ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default ??? are the losi's not locked ???

i just got a losi and the diffs are not locked, front or rear. even on an incline the rear quit pulling as the front acted like it was an open diff. do they not come locked? can they be locked pretty easy? and how? sorry for all the questions. ive just never owned a losi.
mudd_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ??? are the losi's not locked ???

Um they are locked. They cannot be unlocked. But you might want to open up both your axles and see if anything is broken. When doing this regrease it all. If all seems well like I said just grease it and stick em back together. If something is cracked or broken just post it here and we'll help you. But I think there won't be anything wrong, just do it for the grease. You said ' even on an incline the rear quit pulling ' when else does this happen?
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

during any crawling activity. the axles act like open diff axles like a real truck.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i got from rookie01 on this forum.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Maybe there's some confusion here. Exactly which model Losi did you get? Since this is a comp crawler forum, we're assuming you bought a comp crawler. There shouldn't be any way that car can have conventional differential action. A broken axle maybe, or hogged out spool drives, but that would just allow free wheeling, not what you're describing.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Looking at what Rookie01 has sold recently it appears to be a Night Crawler.

Could be broken pins on the axles for the wheel hexes, could be the wheels or hexes are not tight, or stripped out. Maybe even driveshaft set screws if neither left and right wheel spins under power.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

As i also noticed his respectable reputation as a seller.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

That wouldn't cause it to act like an open diff. Which means you twist RF fwd and the LF rotates backwards. I probably read too much into his assessment. Yeah, probably just broken. We see more driveshaft connection problems than other things. Especially if it has non-stock driveshafts because often the setscrews don't make it in far enough to reach the flats. That never works long.

Mud slinger, because of the worms you should not be able to rotate any tire by hand. If you can, the fault is from the spool out. Next hold a tire and try to rotate the driveshaft by hand. If it rotates and the tire doesn't move, check the driveshaft connection. Or better yet...like was said earlier. Take it apart for inspection and maintenance just because that's always a good idea on a new-to-you Losi.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

With that said. Ill say i feel like a complete phuctard. He said he never ran it when i bought it. So i just put some electronics on it and ran it. All seemed good untill i put it under torque. Thats when it seemed something was wrong. I hadnt had the time till now to start into it to resolve the issue. And low an behold there were no hex pins. MY APOLOGIZE. I just hope theres nothing else. Thank you guys
Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Hey, at least it's easy. Good chance those hexes can slip off accidentally with the wheels removed, and with the hex off the pin can drop away unnoticed. After losing a couple, I started putting a little blue loctite on the pins just to keep them there.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

It was wierd cause there were none at all. The wheel nuts just kept enough preasure to make it go. Glad it was something simple
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Haha I've done it before too. Hard line made a good point watch out if they do because without them the car is pretty useless as you found out.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote

??? are the losi's not locked ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to do with Losi's dt electronics cartronicshn Non Crawler RC's 7 10-23-2010 07:46 PM
Losi's Newest RC 2JSC Chit Chat 9 04-02-2009 02:08 AM
Axial AX10 Locked Axle Set and Locked Transmission Xtant3150c General Crawlers 13 07-22-2007 01:39 PM