Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Lcc question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
Dre

Default Lcc question

I was doing maintenance and removing the dig forks and installing all metal tranny gears when I noticed the metal gears are weighing down the springs that the gear sits on. Will this cause it to lock up the front or rear wheels while I'm riding it.Is there any way to keep it from locking the wheels. I got the idea to remove the forks from and article on here how to reduce friction in the comp crawler. I already went through one mamba max pro because the negative wire heated up so much it came aloose from the circuit board (friction)I have another one on order. So far I've installed hr lock outs, hr worms in the front, and I have a hr motor clamp on order. I'm running a savox 1232sg servo. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got more questions but I'm at work right now and can't remember everything but once I get home I will post pics of what I'm talking about if it's hard to understand my problem from the description. The motor I'm running is the castle 1410 it's all I have to test with at the moment but I do have a sensored leopard 21.5 on the way. Too bad I can't run it till my other esc arrives. I have a feeling the 1410 is the other reason the wire desoldered itself.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
Dre

Default Re: Lcc question

Can someone tell me how to post a pic?
Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 AM   #3
RCC Addict

From the "Newbie General" section: How do I post pics?

I assume you have problems with the last gear in the tranny, between the dig parts, right?
To me the springs seem stiff enough to hold the gear back, unless it's very heavy. If the metal gears (that I've never seen or heard of before) are that heavy you'll get problems with the weight distribution. The tranny should be light!
Why do you need metal gears in the first place? The LCC is not a rock racer...
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

Do you have the aluminum shafts inside your transmission? If you do then youre gonna have heat problems.

Plastic and aluminum = good .... I never blew an internal plastic tranny gear running brushless in my LCC for years.

Aluminum and steel = not good .... the steal holds heat, the aluminum dissipates it and together your gonna wear the shafts out and cause problems.

But for springs we use to pull them by hand a little to stretch them out making them stiffer. This helped with dig engagements for us. May help with what your seeing.

The gear the springs hit though shouldn't be moving - I don't understand what you mean by weighing down on them. The center gear for the outdrives (if I remember correctly) should be c-clipped onto the shaft and not move. You missing that? Or do you mean the metal outdrives the prop shafts go onto?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 AM   #5
Dre

When I took out the plastic gears and put the steel ones in the teeth on the end were engaging while I was holding them. The truck is reassembled now the teeth aren't engaging anymore. At least not yet I have to wait for the esc to arrive before I do more testing. The engaging was happening when I had the shaft out of the gearbox so it could have just been gravity at work since I was holding it vertically. But thanks for the help on the springs.

Last edited by Dre; 10-02-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Lcc question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCC question SCS0709 Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 07-16-2014 02:05 AM
lcc ax10 question gatecreeper General Crawlers 0 03-23-2011 06:51 PM
Question about LCC shocks Anti Hero Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 02-04-2011 01:10 AM
LCC Flex Question KOLODZIE1804 Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 01-30-2011 10:03 AM
new lcc question rickysb Team Losi Comp Crawler 13 10-19-2009 12:18 PM