Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Fair price for Night Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

Default Fair price for Night Crawler?

I've been looking for a used crawler for a bit now and I found a guy selling a Night Crawler RTR with a 8000mAh battery, hd worms, and a 14oz servo for $200. Am I wrong in thinking that is a high price?
Cunninghams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Fair price for Night Crawler?

Is it safe to assume that the 14oz servo is a typo? - also, is the battery a lipo or nimh? - if it's a lipo, is it 2 cell or 3? - if it's nimh, is it 6 cell, or more? (I don't think nimh cells were ever created with a capacity that high, so this may be what amounts to a dumb question)

Does it come with a radio? - does it have the stock esc/motor? - stock wheels and tires?

mudholestomper

Last edited by mudholestomper; 12-05-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Edited to add more questions
mudholestomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #3

I don't know about the servo but it is an upgraded one. The battery is a 2s lipo. Other than the servo and the hd gears everything is stock. It does come with the radio.
Cunninghams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well, the HD gears are around $25-$35 and an 8000mah 2 cell lipo made by a reputable manufacturer could run in the $60-$80 range, so just those 2 items along are worth ~ $100 new - a brand new LNC (V1) is $299 with free shipping on eBay

without any info other than what you've provided, given that the lipo is in good shape and the rest of the truck (including what I assume is the stock factory esc and motor) is in good working order, I'd say that $200 isn't a terrible price - without the lipo and the HD gears, $200 is not a good price

If you read lots of the threads on here, you'll most likely want to scrap the stock electronics and move to a 3 cell lipo and a sensored brushless setup - so the question is, do you have another vehicle that you can use the new lipo in? - and do you have intentions of making the LNC rip? - or are you happy crawling along with minimal wheel speed and a lower voltage, lowest cost approach?

I'm just throwing out some thoughts and observations to help you make your decision…nothing more, nothing less…hope this helps!

mudholestomper
mudholestomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Good info. I'm in the same boat. Been seeing some stockers for around $150. I'm interested in the platform...low speed high torque crawling is what I'm after. I don't mind starting stock and building up slow...I just don't want to pay too much for a stock unit.

Are the LNC 2.0 worth seeking over the LNU or is it more or less the heavy gears that are the biggest upgrade?
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #6

Lnc 2.0 has the HD worm gear stock. I'm a losi fan. My 2.0 is upgraded to mimic the lcc that I can't find anywhere.. Works great.. Even without dig
80ontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:29 AM   #7

The stock LNC 2.0 works really well on 3s lipo. You can gear up as well if you like. Extra wheel speed really wakes it up.

No dig as stock, as you stated ontherocks. That's the only drawback imo. I'm currently making some motor mounts to convert to MOA. I'll initially just use a relay to disengage the rear motor from the tx. Might convert my tx to proportional control of the rear dig speed in the future....

I'm new to crawling but the aspect that I really appreciate is that many owners are quite creative. They think of new options and go out and build them. The high speed 1/8 basher owners are much more reserved and prefer to bolt on other people's creativity.
procat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:47 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by procat View Post
No dig as stock, ... That's the only drawback imo.
"Lack" of dig function makes it more competition worthy. It's a great starting point for a 2.2S competition rig.
With dig it would be very hard to make it really competitive in 2.2 Modified.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote

Fair price for Night Crawler? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you think is a fair price? TexasRedneck Newbie General 3 09-24-2011 09:43 AM
Fair price? phxguy Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 07-13-2011 09:27 PM
Is this a fair price? Highlucks Chit Chat 13 05-05-2011 06:00 AM