Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC - new to forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #1

Default LNC - new to forum

hello everyone,
I recently acquired a used Night Crawler. The LNC really crawled and came stock. So I decided to put some spare parts from another project into it.
I started with a brushed 13.5T motor and it ran really nicely with stock pinion. More wheel speed and still did okay crawling on the rocks behind my building. (my testing ground).
Since i have the parts already I did some more experiments by changing pinion from 12T to 25T in random increments. I ended running the 25T and really enjoyed the combo and worm gears would get a little hot after a constant full throttle use as if it was a rock racer.

It could not end there. so I decided to put in a valinenon 3500 10T with a vxl-3s ESC. After a number of experiments again with pinions, at 25T the worm gears really got hot after about 10 minutes of full throttle. But I still wanted some crawl abilities, so i ended up being happy with 12 tooth pinion. Really great torque, great wheel speed with a 3s, good wheel speed with 2s.

I also acquired some spare parts from my nieces the body and passengers.
here are the pics and link to video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlmEHMmLtwg

Last edited by Baladeen; 01-01-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Baladeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: LNC - new to forum

LNC is a great crawler!

Before you run too much more, I would suggest you take the axles apart and grease the worms really well with a MOLY type grease. It will help with your heat build up and make the worms last a lot longer!
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LNC - new to forum - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New French rc crawler - trial forum / Nouveau forum francophone SilverRidge Outside the US 11 06-30-2011 06:58 AM