Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Rookie lnc scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #1

Hi guys... Lurker coming out of the wood work here. Learning tons in the process. I am hoping to comb the classifieds for fun so I guess I have to start posting. I bought an LNC last year after getting out of the fast brushless stuff and I am getting pretty addicted. So one thing I never liked was the science fiction LOSI body.... But my wife would not approve investment in another one.... Sooooo I had to make one.

I bleed Toyota red... And figured a tube fj40 would be cool. So I designed it. Bent it out of aluminum rod and had a very patient friend weld it up for me.

Next I whipped up a beat up looking grille and headlights from a blister pack, water color paint holders and epoxy. I will be wiring up the front and rear lights as well as installing the original lights somewhere on the body.

Next I started on the body panels.. Which still are not done. They are made from aluminum sheet. Its remarkably light.

Then I decided I hated it and it was unstable .... My whole point was that I didn't want to chop up the stock stuff too bad. So I put in the hours here on RCC and learned a few things. I learned that I did not need that much flex... I learned that if the shock were vertical that this would take care of that. I also learned that this made it much much more stable. So I set to work on making frame extensions... Ordered an upraded servo and some wheel spacer/axle wideners..... I took out the factory battery box and will make a new one and drop it about 1/4 inch so that its flush with the top on the frame side panels. I should also mention that it has the hd gears installed and as I am sure you can see... the titan 21t motor. Not the best of everything.... But better than stock I feel.

Now the flex is a little better than the height of 2.2 tire. The stability is excellent. The 13mm spaces should make a nice difference as well. The wheels are weighted as well.

Last edited by THX_138; 01-14-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Merged, posts minute apart
mitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Default Re: Rookie lnc scaler

Well... It's been awhile. A stupid amount of work. It's not totally done, but It's time to run it. Just gotta clean up the wiring.

Let me know what you guys think....

Old 09-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

I realize this thread is a little old is there any specs on
thickness of alum. tube?
what tools were used to bend it?
what was actually used to connect? a welder?
very interested in doing something like this to mine or finding on already done even.
nevercrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Nice rig

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #5

Nice job. Any issues with heat in those axles running a 21t Titan?
J&JFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercrawl View Post
I realize this thread is a little old is there any specs on
thickness of alum. tube?
what tools were used to bend it?
what was actually used to connect? a welder?
very interested in doing something like this to mine or finding on already done even.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.... It is 1/4 aluminum solid rod.... super easy to bend. Clamp and bare hands. I tore up the stock worms and went with the hd gears. I rarely run wide open and carry to obstacles... so now heat is no longer a problem. I also switched to moly grease which seems the best so far. The poor thing has taken some spills now, so its not as pretty paint wise any longer. But the frame has held up perfect. Once again... its welded 1/4 " aluminun rod.

Rookie lnc scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My LNC scaler Reaxion911 Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 09-23-2015 08:45 PM
LNC to Comanche, first scaler! newmarketeod 1.9 Scale Rigs 27 04-26-2014 12:26 PM
anyone use lnc axles for a scaler? jebster 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 12-03-2011 10:16 AM
Kev's X-Trail Rookie Scaler KevMc 1.9 Scale Rigs 56 12-05-2010 11:21 AM