Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: New ETRC Comp Spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default New ETRC Comp Spot

I found another killer set of rocks for one of our fall / winter comps.

We all know Ocoee is great, but the left side is a little tame anymore and the right side is tough... but concreted in boulders. And we all like natural rock.

Just at the very end of the whitewater center parking lot, when the river is not flowing, there is a place where you can walk to the other side of the river on nice flat rocks. At the edge of where the channel runs, there is some incredible natural comp rock.

I set up about 6 completely different 10 gate courses that were very spread out. The rock is like nothing we currently comp on. Footing is very safe and there is plenty of room for parking and to spread out.

Like I said... the river has to be OFF, so we could only comp there in the fall or winter (after rafting season) If you want to check it out, the river is usually off and the water is down by 6PM during the week. Go to the last pull off on the left in the parking lot. Walk through a small stand of trees and onto the mostly flat river bed. Go across to the channel and enjoy the crawling!!

We may possibly have our season opener there .

EDIT: One of the best parts is that no one has a reason to go down that far, so no people... no crowds!
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links