Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: New Course NW Houston 249 & 1960

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Cool New Course NW Houston 249 & 1960

curently in the process of planning and building a new course. If anyone would like to contribute supplies I would be very greatfull. this would not be a course in the back of someones back yard. would be useable for anyone at any time. it is in a shaded location, acctualy 100% covered all the time. I will disclose more details as completion nears. But I am seriously needing some donations as far as rocks and maybe some bags or concrete. Believe me you will love this location.

glad to be a part of this site.

thanks
jeff
jc052685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Hummm....I dont mind ptiching in a few bags of quickrete.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

sounds good, picked up a load of crushed/broken concrete today and went and layed some out. looks good. I have some more concrete pieces to pick up tonight. will see about getting some pics tomorrow also. PM me and let me know were you could meet me or were i need to come pick anything up. Anyone is welcome to come see the progress in person!!

thanks for all donated supplies.
jeff
Old 05-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I am going out to my ranch in Bandera tomorrow and plan on bringing back a shit load of rock, I would be glad to hook you up for a crawl spot.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I look forward to some pics.

When you start to add concrete, I recommend using Portland Cement and Mortar Sand, it's cheaper to mix your own. I wouldn't use Concrete in the bag, the aggregate can cause traction problems. I use a 3 Sand to 1 portland mix, Dirt Cheap Mulch sales Mortar sand for 15 bucks a yard.

Of course you can just dry stack rocks and belly drag, but If I had some land I'd go crazy and make the yankees jealous.
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I am going out to my ranch in Bandera tomorrow and plan on bringing back a shit load of rock, I would be glad to hook you up for a crawl spot.

hell man bring me some too for the course in the woodlands we have been workin on......oh and eric you're up for the next 5 bags...so get to it hahaha
TXmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper7777777 View Post

When you start to add concrete, I recommend using Portland Cement and Mortar Sand, it's cheaper to mix your own. I wouldn't use Concrete in the bag, the aggregate can cause traction problems. I use a 3 Sand to 1 portland mix, Dirt Cheap Mulch sales Mortar sand for 15 bucks a yard.

Of course you can just dry stack rocks and belly drag, but If I had some land I'd go crazy and make the yankees jealous.

That sounds like a good Idea. I will have to look more into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Yeah, let me know whats up. when are you planning on heading back. my only days off are thursday and friday and I work nights so it may be a little tuff to meet up with you but let me know and i will do what I can.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I am coming back on sunday. I am going to use some (not much) at my house, and the rest is yours. I can just leave them in my truck until we can meet at the site sometime.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Pics are a must i wanna see how this turns out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmade View Post
hell man bring me some too for the course in the woodlands we have been workin on......oh and eric you're up for the next 5 bags...so get to it hahaha
i will next week. hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper7777777 View Post

lance you cant make us yankees jealous. that stuff we've driven on lately looks like my dads 40 acres' front landscaping lol.
pedemaster-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

sunday is fine. I will be working but I may also be able to work something out. like I said feel free to pm me with you contact number and we will hook something up. already have pics, I will post them when I get back to my computer ( on my phone at the moment).
Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedemaster-rc View Post
lance you cant make us yankees jealous. that stuff we've driven on lately looks like my dads 40 acres' front landscaping lol.
then how come ur driving isnt the best out of all of us? if u have all that rock to practice on.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
then how come ur driving isnt the best out of all of us? if u have all that rock to practice on.
not busting anyones balls but I would like to keep this post on topic, thanks.

Last edited by jc052685; 05-09-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc052685 View Post
not buts anyones balls but I would like to keep this post on topic, thanks.
pede knows im playing with him.
i only say mean things in person, cuz "everybody" has the balls to talk shit(usually on the computer) when they dont have to face the consequences.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
pede knows im playing with him.
i only say mean things in person, cuz "everybody" has the balls to talk shit(usually on the computer) when they dont have to face the consequences.
that is true and sorry jc052685 bout the high jack. and garrett to answer your question, its a 7 hour drive from our house to our 40 acres and when im up there, no r/c's just my raptor 660 and 700
Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedemaster-rc View Post
that is true and sorry jc052685 bout the high jack. and garrett to answer your question, its a 7 hour drive from our house to our 40 acres and when im up there, no r/c's just my raptor 660 and 700
i realy dont care at all about the call outs or playing around. . I was only trying to keep the thread on topic, thats all. I am sure everyone knows how how for off these can get. I ment nothing by it either.

enough of this......................now what every one has been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jc052685; 05-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #16

where exactly is that at 249 and 1960??
TXmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmade View Post
where exactly is that at 249 and 1960??
Good question.

So this is public use land?, so you won't want to invest a ton of cash into it.

Looks like a great spot for some Trail Rig action to, a scale rig would be a blast.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

looks good man. hopefully i can find some time and head out that way before i leave back to michigan in 3 months
Old 05-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

yeah, well that is the thing. I would like to set up some "fight club" type rules. Like due to the area this is located at I will PM all directions and the method to gain access to the area. there is more than one way to enter and only one way is LEGAL. Also, please feel free to build all you want, just please dont mess with or change what other people have spent there time and effort building. there is more than enough room to build all you could ever want so dont mess with others builds unless you have there permission. Feel free to suggest changes or modifications just pleasae dont take it upon your self.

I said it before, I work nights so leave me a pm and I would be happy to meet up with you and show you the location or crawl with you.

thanks everyone, this should turn out to be a very nice spot for everyone to enjoy.

jeff
Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Well I have enough on my plate to last me the rest of time, so let me know when there is a decent course setup and comp ready. Again looks like it's ready now for some Scale Trail Runs.