Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Scaling/Crawling DFW Area???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

Default Scaling/Crawling DFW Area???

Anyone down to hit any of these spots? I just moved down from Minneapolis and crawling was VERY popular out there. I come down here and no hobby shops carry any parts, no post on any of the forums about crawling/scaling in the DFW area... Whats going on?

Me and the Girlfriend have two Axial's and would like to meet up with some people to go scaling/crawling/mudding.....

LETS GO!!!
adamatmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Welcome! There is a sticky at the top of the page that has NTXRCC info in it. That is the club that supports DFW area. It has a comp schedule and a link to local spots. Come out on the 21st and introduce yourself.
onespeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #3

I thought that event was for members only?
adamatmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Show up, and you'll be a "member"...

Texas has quite a few large active scale and comp groups all over the state.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

hows it goin, what part of town do you live in? and hell yeah i'd go i've been looking for a trail buddy, i havent really had a chance to hit up anywhere but construction sites, but had a hell of a time crawling my trucks at turner falls. it's just across the oklahoma border, but i havent had a chance to get back over there. let me know when you have a chance to get together and we'll meet up somewhere.
heres my truck

sorry for the shitty pic, i'm at work and have better pics on home computer
Burnitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #6

Default crawling tomorrow!!1

me my pops and my brother are going out to crawl tomorrow we really want more people to hang out with we have 2 axial scorpians one has front and rear stearing(mine) night crawler venom creeper and a new mrc we just got today we really really want more people to come to our spot we will be at lake grapevine lake in murray park over by little petes

if you guys are interested call me at 214 586 9595 were looking forward to hearing from you!
twistedcralerpleasur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

hi im pook i am in north dallas i have a 3 scale crawlers im down to crawl from time to time
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Hi all, I too am in the DFW area. Seems like a small Scale/Crawler group over here. And yes... finding parts and accessories at any LHS is almost impossible.

Anyway. Here is my build thread. I post my updates there, so feel free to subscribe to the thread.

Update to Shcuck's SCX10 with pics

Also included is my YouTube Channel. Feel free to view the vids and subscribe. Love getting feedback....

http://www.youtube.com/user/shcuck#p/a/u/0/nY2FnE4ywBY

Hope to hear from you all soon.
shcuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #9

yup im down to start a club if you guys are interested we are gunna crawl every saturday if weather permits! mainly lake grapevine as there as some good spots we know of and we can go to other places if u guys know of any preferably lakes just because they are alot cooler and nicer! either call or txt me at 214 586 9595 or email me at lucky_13_poff@yahoo.com that way we can set this up and get it going!

just got a super crawler so lookin to try it out saturday still waitin on the wraith yall will see it june 15th!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #10

What time on Saturday at Lake grapevine? I quit going because no one else was showing up, the scale scene use to be huge here but fell apart over the last year. I need to do some work to mine but I would like to get a scale group together again.
scrambln81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #11

we normally leave around 8 830 we are in carrollton so we get there around 9 930

im in process of gettin a redcat rs 8 also since our spot has huge rocks! tradin a pistol have 2 for trade for crawlers fyi!

if you are interested let me know its gunna be our ritual to go every weekend for sure its such a blast and if you have good spots were open to ideas

so far we have 2 axial scorpians, losi nightcrawler, losi pro comp, venom creeper, custom tlt crawler, and losi mrc. im waiting for the axial wraith i ordered it should be in june 15th and im waitin for this pistol for exceed maxstone 8 trade to go thru get back to me!!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #12

we get there around 9 am and stay till around 2pm just bring ur power converter to charge ur batteries!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #13

I have a 3 on 3 basketball tournament Friday and possibly Saturday if my team makes it to the finals. But if I dont make it to the finals I will be at Lake Grapvine at 9am to crawl. Ill let you know Friday night for certain.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #14

awesome let me know i look forward to hearing back from ya
Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #15

I will be at the lake tomorrow morning at 9am, however I will have to leave around 11:30-12pm. We usually meet up at the public area to the right of the entrance. all the way at the end.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #16

awesome can you give me a number i can call? put up a sign or something for realz if not i will look around all the spots and yell crawlers!!! get yo crawlers chere! haha
if not call me at 214 586 9595
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Sweet, we have a Team that crawls from Fort Worth, We are actually a Drift Team, we stay pretty busy during Spring and Summer with Drifting, and Crawl durring Fall & Winter! We have 2 SCX10's, 2 scorpions, and a Red Cat and have plenty of friends that crawl that dont get on this forum or any other forum!

so dont mind if I call you guys to come and bring the Honcho out!

Heres my Honcho

And Heres my 9yr old Sons Honcho

Last edited by sliding_josh; 06-06-2011 at 12:13 AM.
sliding_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

My rigs
Attached Images

pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Cool

Check this out!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...7aa615&t=h&z=8

find the closes place to you

I'm going to scale trail crawl Arbor hills on june 16th if you want to come!!!
h2oboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #20

yes give us a call anytime we are trying to get a club going again i have one other guy that has dedicated to coming out with us on saturdays and 2 others that are interested the more the marrier! if we have big enough turnout we can do burgers and other foods as well if we get 10 ppl or more i cook mean fajitas only ask that ppl bring 3 or 4 bucks to help pay for food seein how fajitas dont last long!!!! give me a call anytime if you are interested my number is 214 586 9595