Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Clod Mud-Slinger Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Clod Mud-Slinger Test

Well folks I was really happy and shocked when Hua allowed me to test out the very first batch of Mud-Slingers for the Clod and they showed up 2 days ago and I just now finally got a chance to pick them up and mount them to my TXT which is what I gave it a few tests with.
Firstly I will start off by letting you folks know just how soft these tires are. The tire had a hard time hold up my TXT with 2 packs so I had to run with a single pack and use a jumper on my EVX2 as it was near impossible to drive. Also these tires could sure use some foam and I'm sure without a doubt Hua will most likely have foams for em once the tires become avaliable . The lugs on this tire is amazing and far more aggresive than anything I've seen or had out there on the market. The threads on this tire is so beefy and that it lives up to it's name being called Mud-Slingers as thats just what it does, slings mud all over the place when running in shallow mudy ponds.
During my time testing I was quite lucky as it was actually raining and I was able to find an old area that had some construction going on so I figured that this would be quite the place to give it a mud bath and test it in the mud. Home is where I gave it a light rock test with some garden stones and some decent sized rocks. Note that the TXT doesn't really have a whole lot of articulation and wasn't really designed for rock-crawling so I got a good deal of road rash during the process of testing it on these rocks. The meaty threads give no slip what so ever when in loose and compacted dirt as well as during the lite crawling that I did with it.
My feelings and thoughts about these tires is they would make for quite an awesome bashing tire for all around play wether its in some mud puddles or doing some lite rock crawling. I was hoping when I hit the straight away in an old school parking-lot that I would be able to hear that loud tire dull sound but that didn't really happen like I was hoping it would but maybe on something going a little more faster it probably would, as my TXT is pretty much setup stock.
I also wanted to add that these tires a small bit lighter in weight than an original Clod tire and also a little larger in diameter compared next to a Clod tire this is mainly due to the threads being pretty tall above the carcass. These tires also have some really nice sidewall bite and if you got some aluminum rims you won't need to worry about it getting some rash from whenever the truck rubs some sidewalk curbs as the lugs stock out quite a bit also making the tire seem a little wider than when compared to a stock Clod tire. Personally what I feel the compound of these tires should be just a bit more thicker to somewhat stiffen up the tire a little or the carcass be a little thicker to accomidate the massive meats at top of it. But hey with the above being said maybe some foam would make all the difference which I'm sure Hua is already working on.

Here are some pics of it mounted up. I would have taken more pics during each of the tests I gave it but the digital camera battery died on me and the camera kept shutting off on me when I tried to snap more shots.

Breaker 1-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links