Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Proline flat iron tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Proline flat iron tires

Are the flat iron's by proline any good I have Masher 2K in M3 seem to work good but the flat irons look cool am I going to be getting a better tire with the flat iron ?
Leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Is that all one question or are we supposed to address each part of the run on?
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
RCC Addict

YES I LOVE MINE! if u get some get them in the m2 w/ memory foams-m3 is too soft. i got them on my scaler and my crawler.

goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It has a smallish profile, but I like the way the Flat Irons handle trail running. I got the m3s with regular foams and star cut them.
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I guess my ? is are they a better rock crawling tire
Leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy View Post
I guess my ? is are they a better rock crawling tire
They work very well and will match Masher 2K's in performance, at least from my experience.

I've been running some test between, Rock Claws, Flat Iron's & Narrowed Masher's. The Rock Claws excel, but only in some situations. The Flat Iron's will follow Rock Claws thru just about everything.

Last edited by rckjeep; 05-31-2008 at 11:37 AM.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #7

Pretty new to crawling, so not much experience. Only run in one comp. I ran Axial Lizards before this. Just gonna throw my opinion in. Running a light weight ax-10 with proline memory foams and M2 Flat Irons.

First off, they look pretty damn cool. Best looking 2.2 tire out there. They are good trail tires. Got me through everything I through it at on the hiking paths. As a comp tire, not too impressed. The aggressive side lugs look like they should give some good bite, but the just bend back. Some stiffer foam and more weight would probably help. I feel like they wouldn't keep up on the rocks we run on at the local comps, but it could just be my horrible driving The edges of my lugs are also wearing quick on the abrasive rock I tend to run on.

The performance for the look of the tires is pretty good. Definitely better then the lizards, if that counts as anything. If you like the looks, give em a try. If you want high performance, try something else.

Last edited by filipinofreak; 05-31-2008 at 02:27 PM.
filipinofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Red Kreepy memory foams, and M3 Flat Irons are working out very well on my comp rig. They tend to like some wheel speed, which my rig will gladly give them since I run a 3S lipo and HH 7T puller. Big key with my truck anyways, was not adding breather holes. Breather holes in the M3 Badlands, and especially in my M3 Moabs allowed the tires to deform way to much. My rig is heavy enough that I have no problems with the Flat Irons following any contours in the line I am running.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
RCC Addict

my flatirons are awesome!

M2 with stock memory foams...sorta...
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:36 AM   #10
RCC Addict

THREAD JACKED!

I was thinking of picking up a set of flat irons and putting them on my comp rig.. still debating on m2 or m3... We had a guy at our last comp run m3's on a STOCK ax10 and took 1st lol. I know it all depends on set up and your terrain but i still cant decide on the two compounds. Maybe ill just buy both lol, any input? thx

sry about the thread jack lol
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

The Mashers M2 and Flat Irons M2 will perform very close as they are the Same Compound. The M2 Mashers are still one of the Best all around Tire. The Flat Irons look to be a little more aggressive and might bite better on Sharp rocks. I think it will depend on what kind of Rock your Crawling more then anything.

Try getting ahold of a Crawler guy that lives in that part of Cali. See what most guys run there.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

i too really like my m3 flat irons, the best tire i have owned so far. i believe they have out performed my moabs, and mashers. i am running with stock mem foams no weight and no breather holes.

they definatly like wheel speed!
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote