Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Newbie Tire Question - Moab XL Wheel Fitment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #1

Default Newbie Tire Question - Moab XL Wheel Fitment

Hey all, new here. Recently picked up a Clod that was setup with a custom built chassis. Unfortunately still running stock clod wheels/tires. Want to go to something a little narrower and looking at the Moab XLs with Narrow Axial Beadlocks. I've noticed that the Moab XLs have a particular model advertised for use only with the Pro-Line narrow Cheyenne wheels. Will these tires work with the Axial Narrow beadlocks? I already wasted $100 on some 2.2 wheels and tires on an impulse buy thinking I could scale the rig down. Regardless, hoping to avoid another blown purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Chad
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

First off, welcome to the forum and the addiction.

I personally would recommend the Pro-Line Cheyenne bead locks. I have two sets that I narrowed and they have held up to lots of abuse. I cannot say that about the Axial bead locks I have owned. Axial makes some great products and there 2.2 axles and trans are awesome, but the 40 series bead locks suck. The bead lock ring screws strip easily, have a ridiculously small hex head and the 17mm hex has stripped on me before.

The Pro-Line bead locks have under sized bead lock ring hardware in my opinion as well, but overall it's a better product than the Axial bead locks. The 23mm hex on the Pro-Lines have never given me a problem either. If you do a search, I am sure you will find plenty of info on the Pro-Line Cheyenne bead locks and how to narrow them.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
First off, welcome to the forum and the addiction.

I personally would recommend the Pro-Line Cheyenne bead locks. I have two sets that I narrowed and they have held up to lots of abuse. I cannot say that about the Axial bead locks I have owned. Axial makes some great products and there 2.2 axles and trans are awesome, but the 40 series bead locks suck. The bead lock ring screws strip easily, have a ridiculously small hex head and the 17mm hex has stripped on me before.

The Pro-Line bead locks have under sized bead lock ring hardware in my opinion as well, but overall it's a better product than the Axial bead locks. The 23mm hex on the Pro-Lines have never given me a problem either. If you do a search, I am sure you will find plenty of info on the Pro-Line Cheyenne bead locks and how to narrow them.
Thanks for the input. I like your Avatar, I have a 65 Chevy II Post factory V8 car that I bomb around in from time to time.
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i was gonna say asl nova since he loves the supers but he already got to you. you should let nova hook you up with a wheel/tire/and foam combo, he is an awsome guy i am sure he would hook you up. just tryin to help you out nova thats all. welcome to the forum man, you will find all kinds of help here, this is a great group of peeps on here.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

welcom to the forum.
in answer to your question the axial 40 series wheels hold up well to a good beating on my rig, but being a pimp cane its also pretty light and i dont drive it too hard (but she aint no shelf queen). i have never owned a pair of pro-line ceyenne bead locks, so i cannot speak for those. but from what i have heard and seen either choice would be fine for the average basher/crawler.
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote