Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: pro-line chisel tires any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question pro-line chisel tires any good?

hey, ive been looking at some new tires for ages now, i like the look of the pro-line chisel 2.2 tires, are these any good in muddy conditions? ,, if not what 'comp' tires are good at dealling with mud?, hope you can help , Tom,
Tom94offroaduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

im love the chisel tire. it may not be the best comp tire but i love it. as for mud im pretty sure it clogs up pretty easy. most guys dont use the hpi rock grabber tires but i can make probably 95% of the same lines with those tires as i can with most current tires out. as far as mud goes those rock grabbers throw mud man, they throw it well
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
im love the chisel tire. it may not be the best comp tire but i love it. as for mud im pretty sure it clogs up pretty easy. most guys dont use the hpi rock grabber tires but i can make probably 95% of the same lines with those tires as i can with most current tires out. as far as mud goes those rock grabbers throw mud man, they throw it well
how tall are the hpi rock grabbers?, and are the rock grabbers good for comp use?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

they are just as tall as a rover and yea there are people who use them for comps. my dad runs them and he wont let me take them off his truck lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

thanks for the advice i'll hav a look ,
Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

your dad changed from the tractor tires? Bet he never looks back
ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ive got both grabbers an chiels i like both but the chisels are a bit better IMHO
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Kratos and I have both siped the crap out of the chisels and they flat out work. His MOA has pulled some crazy lines over guys in our club running Rovers and Sedonas. I think the Chisels are a great tire and under rated but it does take some siping to get them to be champs. Proline dual stage foams or proline oversized mem foams work perfect with them.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
Kratos and I have both siped the crap out of the chisels and they flat out work. His MOA has pulled some crazy lines over guys in our club running Rovers and Sedonas. I think the Chisels are a great tire and under rated but it does take some siping to get them to be champs. Proline dual stage foams or proline oversized mem foams work perfect with them.
thanks rory i couldnt have put it better
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I like to run chisels with 2 complete Pro line memory foams in each tire. And sipe the solid tread.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
RCC Addict

ehh ive seen chisels run, but never tried them.. IMO they look like they dont grip like alot of other tires.. so that is why im skimping on chisels and going for other companies..
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I ran 2.2 Chissels in a local TTC a few months ago. My rig came in 2nd in the mud run (only 3 out of 11 made a full run). And on the Frame twister it came in 5th (5 out of 11 made full run). Both very muddy events (mud run the most obviously). I thought they worked great in mud. But where they lacked was attempting rock after getting them wet and muddy. No grip at that point. At the end of tank trap was a steep rock climb. I just couldn't get any traction on it. I screemed through the whole course to get hung up at the end 5 feet. No working winch kept me from finishing in that event.

That being said, i think there are much better large mud type tires. The 2.2 Proline tsl's are amazing in most every way. I think most people will be running them in the next local TTC. But that is probably 4 or 5 months away and something better may come out by then?
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
I ran 2.2 Chissels in a local TTC a few months ago. My rig came in 2nd in the mud run (only 3 out of 11 made a full run). And on the Frame twister it came in 5th (5 out of 11 made full run). Both very muddy events (mud run the most obviously). I thought they worked great in mud. But where they lacked was attempting rock after getting them wet and muddy. No grip at that point. At the end of tank trap was a steep rock climb. I just couldn't get any traction on it. I screemed through the whole course to get hung up at the end 5 feet. No working winch kept me from finishing in that event.

That being said, i think there are much better large mud type tires. The 2.2 Proline tsl's are amazing in most every way. I think most people will be running them in the next local TTC. But that is probably 4 or 5 months away and something better may come out by then?

cool photos!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #14

Awesome pics!My buddy runs them and likes them very well.
jaybird1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
I joined the Band!

I believe a tire is a good as a driver and what you do to them sipe the crap out of them and pic some good foam I like proline oversized foams on the ones I had
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires