Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 4.0 beadlock rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 4.0 beadlock rims

hey guys...looking for 4.0 beadlock rims(not plastic) for my exceed 1/8 scale crawler,all i can find are the low boyz w/rolling weights inside...do any of you know if i have more options??if so ,please help.much appreciated.thanks.
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

check on RC4wd's web site. they do make alot of alum. hope up's, and alum parts so might be a good chance they might have what your looking for

http://store.rc4wd.com/

Last edited by spyderwebbcustoms; 01-23-2011 at 03:34 PM.
spyderwebbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

RC4WD produces 4 different sets of 4.0's.

http://store.rc4wd.com/40-Wheels_c_61.html
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

hey...thanks guys,appreciate the replys.i checked the website out,not to many options but thank you...man its hard to find some serious rims for 1/8 so those low boyz just might have to be it?..vanquish has some serious rims but only 1.9 & 2.2 dont understand why not 4.0?....think my next crawler will have to be 1/10,much more optoins,lol
Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEDY GENIUS View Post
hey...thanks guys,appreciate the replys.i checked the website out,not to many options but thank you...man its hard to find some serious rims for 1/8 so those low boyz just might have to be it?..vanquish has some serious rims but only 1.9 & 2.2 dont understand why not 4.0?....think my next crawler will have to be 1/10,much more optoins,lol
Because supers don't all use the same size rims, aren't as common, no standard specs for desired offset, incredibly expensive to produce, etc.

Also, Vanquish has made a 4.0 wheel. Not a high demand so you would probably have to find a used set.

You may explode the internals on the Exceed by putting big heavy billet wheels on it though. May want to think about that.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Because supers don't all use the same size rims, aren't as common, no standard specs for desired offset, incredibly expensive to produce, etc.

Also, Vanquish has made a 4.0 wheel. Not a high demand so you would probably have to find a used set.

You may explode the internals on the Exceed by putting big heavy billet wheels on it though. May want to think about that.

Here's the Vanquish 40's:
http://www.vanquishproducts.com/revo...40-narr40.html

Very nice... but expensive and heavy.
Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys for the advice and help..harley i here what your saying,me & my son are new to rcc so thanks for your advice on the weight of the rims,were going to actually upgrade to the super bully axles though,if that will take the weight of 4.0's??...jammer thanks for the info.rims are awsome!...look better than the low boyz but i like how the low boyz have the weights system in the rim?...got some thinking to do,lol..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Thanks guys for the advice and help..harley i here what your saying,me & my son are new to rcc so thanks for your advice on the weight of the rims,were going to actually upgrade to the super bully axles though,if that will take the weight of 4.0's??...jammer thanks for the info.rims are awsome!...look better than the low boyz but i like how the low boyz have the weights system in the rim?...got some thinking to do,lol..
Alloy rims are just much heavier and will create more stress. Most of the top competitors run plastic wheels to keep the weight down.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

thanks harley,appreciate all your comments.the rims that came with the crawler are beadlocks but plastic and i already stripped out one of the screws thats why i didnt feel comfortable running these plastic rims..hopefully the super bully axles will take some abuse of whatever rim we decide to get? my next crawler will def be a 1/10th..
Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
thanks harley,appreciate all your comments.the rims that came with the crawler are beadlocks but plastic and i already stripped out one of the screws thats why i didnt feel comfortable running these plastic rims..hopefully the super bully axles will take some abuse of whatever rim we decide to get? my next crawler will def be a 1/10th..
Even super Bully axles will be susceptible to breaking gears with heavy billet wheels. Like I said most competitors like to use plastic wheels and glue the tires on the keep this from happening.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

thanks harley,we'll def keep this in mind.were just gunna kick around on the rocks around where we live so maybe we'll be alright but like everything else...live & learn?like i said were kinda new to this so we'll def learn as we go along.this is why i joined this site to get advice/help from people like yourself.I'll keep this 1/8 maxstone but I'll get him a 1/10 much more options to mess with.thanks for everything....p.s you mind if i add you as a friend? if i can figure out how too?lol
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
20K Club

Quote:
thanks harley,we'll def keep this in mind.were just gunna kick around on the rocks around where we live so maybe we'll be alright but like everything else...live & learn?like i said were kinda new to this so we'll def learn as we go along.this is why i joined this site to get advice/help from people like yourself.I'll keep this 1/8 maxstone but I'll get him a 1/10 much more options to mess with.thanks for everything....p.s you mind if i add you as a friend? if i can figure out how too?lol
No problem man. Wouldn't want you to spend a bunch of money and it end up just making you angry afterwards

The 1:10 are a lot of fun but the supers (1: have their own appeal. The choices are endless with the 1:10 though like you have seen