Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: iroc,claws,boggers,tsl side by side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default iroc,claws,boggers,tsl side by side

i just recieved my 1.9 irocs today the lug pattern is alot closer than i thought they was i'm wondering if they'll clean out well i guess with the 3s and 35t brood they'll clean with a quick blip, so i compared them to my claws and boggers, they are alot closer to the claws than the boggers but im pleased with these things can not wait to run these babies. i believe im gonna mix match and run boggers on rear and irocs on front like they do in 1:1 maybe claws and irocs have to test and see whats best so heres the pics

i hope this helps someone in picking a set of tires, also give me y'alls input on tire choice i like to mix match and the bogger on rear and claws on front has done really well for me...
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Look forward to seein how they do next time we go trail ridin man. Got some test time in my swampers, they are pretty good but not good enough...yet lol
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Look forward to seein how they do next time we go trail ridin man. Got some test time in my swampers, they are pretty good but not good enough...yet lol
Matt
keep working i know you'll get em right. hell you know the more you run em the better they get so get to scaling lol
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

How do those cut boggers work on the rocks for you? I love the look of those, first time I saw them cut like that on fullsize tires years ago I always wanted them for my scaler. But the iroks probably do better on rock. I'm interested to hear you feedback from testing.
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG200 View Post
How do those cut boggers work on the rocks for you? I love the look of those, first time I saw them cut like that on fullsize tires years ago I always wanted them for my scaler. But the iroks probably do better on rock. I'm interested to hear you feedback from testing.
believe it or not the cut boggers are kicka$$ on the rocks but thats after i found the right foam setup thats the key i run boggers on back and claws on front and they work well together really. and the reason i cut the bogger was because my buddy did it to his 1:1 several yrs ago and i loved them if you cut them use some cutical cutters and get em bald they'll lok better ive seen people hack at them and it ruins the scale look..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict

ordered my iroks.. cant wait to get them.

thx for the comparison shot. glad they are near the same size as the baja claws. its what i was lookin for.
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
believe it or not the cut boggers are kicka$$ on the rocks but thats after i found the right foam setup thats the key i run boggers on back and claws on front and they work well together really. and the reason i cut the bogger was because my buddy did it to his 1:1 several yrs ago and i loved them if you cut them use some cutical cutters and get em bald they'll lok better ive seen people hack at them and it ruins the scale look..
Awesome! Thanks for the cutting tip too.
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #8

I think I'm gonna order a set of the Iroc's for my Honcho. I was gonna get the TSL /Sx's but after seeing the size difference I'm gonna go with the Iroc's. Thank's for the side by side comparison.
LKN Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
RCC Addict

The size is awesome and I bet they'd b awesome on honcho.. I'm eager to see how they perform. I'm sure like any other rc4wd tire once they're broke in they will b Kicka$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

so how do you like them with boggers in the back witht he irocks up front?
Im thinking of geting a set of either boggers, Claws, or irocks for a honcho im hopefully going to get soon, and i was thinking i might mix with one in back and the other in front. So what do you think would be the best for rock(wet and dry), dirt, mud, and grass.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
so how do you like them with boggers in the back witht he irocks up front?
Im thinking of geting a set of either boggers, Claws, or irocks for a honcho im hopefully going to get soon, and i was thinking i might mix with one in back and the other in front. So what do you think would be the best for rock(wet and dry), dirt, mud, and grass.
i would for sure shoot for the irok's up front and boggers in back..the boggers performs well on the rock wet or dry and as for mud there's nothing better..with the iroks up front pulling i think that combo is best yet.. but its all about set-up foams,shocks.wheelbase. if you get the foams right with that mix match you'll have a kicka$$ setup, a little tip on the iroks, is too turn them inside out and take a dremel sanding drum and sand that rib that goes around thee center of the tire it'll make them alot more soft and i believe it really increases the performance of the tire. also the more you run them the better they perform, thats the key is too get them broke in..i hope this helps ya make ur decision i believe you're on the right track with the choice, from there it'll just be getting ur setup right thats the tough part..wll goodluck to ya
Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

ya that definetly helped, now this makes me want a honcho right now lol.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Default Re: iroc,claws,boggers,tsl side by side

cool post. my friend has iroks. after you run them on the rocks a lot they get softer.
KennethXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #14

Default Re: iroc,claws,boggers,tsl side by side

Had the proline bead locks with the tsl sx 1.9 they was good tire sold them to my buddy. Ive got the rpm deep dish wheels with TTC baja claw 2.2 now for my wraith. Has any one cut them like guys do on real buggies. Been debating on cutting them and what the best way to cut them.
WraithRunner is offline   Reply With Quote