Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 2.2 pit bull question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.2 pit bull question

ok so im looking at getting some pitbulls for my honcho and had a few questions.
1. i was thinking of getting some proline 2.2 2stage oversized foams for it, and was wondering how they would work with them.(they are the memory foam ones)

2. will axials 2.2 8hole rims work with these( i already have them and im not looking at spending alot on rims) if not can someone give me a good priced alternative.

3. im gessing the trimmimg on a hoch would be the same as the ripsaws becsue they are both 5.5inches, is this true?
thanks for the help
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Pit bull tire should fit on factory wheels, as for foams I just use the axial ones I had laying around and they seem ok. The body I just lifted it up and the bumper by putting on top and using longer screws, and I trimmed vary little body
Attached Images

pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Go with the Dos Piezas dual stage foam.Best foams to use in Pits, plus they aren't Memory so the temperature doesn't affect them
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have a set of Pitbulls on stock axial 2.2 8 hole wheels and the fit fine Im also running mystery memory foams (came w/ tires) wheels are weighted heavily and foams are uncut ,they flex very well and conform to rocks quite well ,Im pretty happy with this set up for the rocks around here
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
www.team3sixrc.com

I honestly would use the crawler innovations foams if you want to be somewhat competitive or even handle well in the rocks.

If its something your not concerned about, then any foam you choose is fine

Its been my experience that in order to perform well and enjoy the honcho running 2.2 wheels, you should alter the body like the 2.2 honcho axail has.

You want to keep the cg as low as possible and allow the shocks to flex normal.

The 2.2 honcho I ran in the spec class sponsors by Axial at the 2011Nats MSD Nats was awesome and handled very well taking whatever was thrown at it.

As far as rims go, keep with the axial 2.2 rims. They are inexpensive and work fine.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

thanks for all the help guys
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

run the Dos Piezas foams from Pit Bll,,they are made for the tires,,axials rims will actually be perfect for them,,they are on the wider side,that combo would be tits,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

There is another thread on the same subject only a few posts apart, could be a good read for you there to.

I'd go with Dos Piezas foams, speaking with Eddie at CI he wasn't making foams for these tyres due to the very wide tyre being fairly unique and not something he would be able to do in volume - guys who are closer to CI correct me if i'm wrong here, just going with the conversation I had with him.

The Dos Piezas foams made the tyre hook up for me in a way the foams I had spare just couldn't as they weren't even close to filling the tyres and giving it the flat wide base i've found it works best on (they are on my Bully rig so not a scaler which might react differently)
Cheers
Darren
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote