Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: foam recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default foam recommendations

I just ordered a set of Mayhem Trail shooter wheels to go with the new set of Axial ripsaw tires that are on their way for the Wraith.

I like the performance of the RTR version of the ripsaws quite a bit, and everything I've heard about the different compound ripsaws has been good, so I figured why mess with something that's working well.

The part of the equation I haven't gotten my head wrapped around yet is the foams. My driving is split about 60% creeping rock ( mostly smooth river rock) and 40% bashing on dirt trails. As far as uprading the rest of the truck for this mix, I've;

-mounted TLT brass body shocks, soft springs, 20 wt. oil in the front, 30 in the back
-Vanquish front end components, and a Spectrum titanium geared hi torque servo for steering
-RC4WD aluminum upper and lower links

-still running a 6 cell NiMh 5100 ma battery in the stock location. I haven't settled on Li-po's yet, so for the time being it'll remain with a slight rear weight bias. With the TLT shocks set up the way they are, I've got just under a 1/2 in. droop all the way around, and almost no torque twist under hard acceleration, so I'm good with the way it is right now.
But...the foams. Whats the best route to take, given what I've done to the truck so far, and my driving style? Any and all suggestions would be Great!
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links