Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Opions on RC4WD Intercro IROK & Rok Lox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Opions on RC4WD Intercro IROK & Rok Lox

Hi all,

I've just picked up a RTR SCX10 Honcho and i've already got the list of to do modifications building up inside my head.

Although the standard wheels and tyres are nice (V1 with beadlocks & Flat Irons) the IROK's and the Rok Lox are much more scale looking, and i love the chunky sidewall on them.

I plan to raise the SCX10 if needed to avoid scrubbing but had a few questions about the tyres from people with experience.

Which gives better traction on rocks and dirt / sand in the dry.
What are the foams like with the weight of a standard SCX10. Are they too stiff or just right?
Has anyone modified the tyres? I heard people said they are too stiff so dremmel the sidewall supports off the insides.

If i go with the IROK's (which i think look nicer) i'll be going the 1.55 route. With weighted wheels, do you think i'll have too much tyre flex when turning ect on rocks?

Appretiate any advice and opinions.
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Opions on RC4WD Intercro IROK & Rok Lox

1.55 Irok's

The foams that come in them are pretty good. You can fine to them to your liking. I personally like to trim mine a little bit with some additional weight.

I don't think you will have too much "tire flex". I would imagine they will be able to support quite a bit of weight at that small diameter.

Instead of raising the truck.. look into making room for the tires by cutting the body or moving other stuff out of the way. Try to keep weight low.

Is it your first truck! congrats! you will be addicted soon enough.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for getting back to me

I really like both tyres to be honest, but if the Rok Lox performed much better i might favour them. I preffer the IROKs for looks though, especially the 1.55.

I have an X-Trailed 2.2 AX10 as well. Sadly i can't take the credit for building or painting it. I won it from a raffle. Up untill i got this it was always bashers. I installed an EZrun brushless in it and lost interest because of the cogging.

It's not very scale, but instead of converting it to be more scale with 1.9's ect i decided to SCX10 it up instead and use the AX10 for more capable stuff.
The Flat Irons are ok on my 2.2's but not really liking the 1.9 versions on the SCX10 very much at all. I hope either of the RC4WD tyres grip better in the dirt or rocks.

I know the Bulldogs have good write up's here, but the SCX10 is more for looks than all out performance and don't like the Bulldogs in that aspect
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I am also curious which is better of the two. From what I've gathered here on RCC is that the new IROK in the x2ss would be the better of the two, but I've never owned either of them. Anyone that has owned them have any input?
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I own IRoks in 1.7 and 1.9 and am waiting for some 2.2s. I also have had 1.9 Roks and own a set of 2.2 Roks. I liked the Roks in mud and hard pack until the IRoks came out. Now I don't see me using them much. When it is rocks, I use Pro-Line TSLs for my 2.2s.

My Mog is always on IRoks, my Hilux is on IRoks, my TF2 (when I get it built) will have 1.9 MTZs and my Wraith has 2.2 TSLs, 2.2 Roks and 2.2 MT Baja Claws. That is where the IRoks will go when they come in. Planning to run 2.2 Boggers on my Willys.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.55. 1.9, irok, rc4wd, rok lox