Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: sedonas on AX-10 need more off set and wider wheel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default sedonas on AX-10 need more off set and wider wheel.

Hey all I have been searching and have not really found what I am looking for exactly. I Bought an AX-10 RTC scorpion. I finally upgraded and bought a set of Sedonas to put on it for some more ground clearance and better bite.

My issue is I squeezed these tires on the factory wheels. I am thoroughly impressed with how it is performing now although I am probably not doing these tires any justice with how they are mounted up. They get into my body and suspension links. I need to find a set of wheels with more offset to widen the stance and get these tires away from the vehicle.

I would like to find a wheel that is wider and has more offset to widen the stance a little bit and fit these tires better. Definitely have to be bead locks.

Thanks for any advise.
bustedbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Your best bet would be modding some vp hubs onto the wheels. Or you could move the stuff is hitting in.
Axial has a decent offset as they are.
You don't want a wider wheel, that would shorten the tire and give more of a flat surface. Resulting in crappier performance.

Sent by my fingers tapping glass
MotoMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: sedonas on AX-10 need more off set and wider wheel.

im running sedonas on my ax10 im running vanquish SLW v3's on 600 hubs and also run a set of DH2's on 800 Hubs the width of the 800s is perfect for my terrain gets me wide and definitely lowers my COG and allows Full lock on my front end. im a huge vanquish fan and will never go other wise. currently 5 sets on my rigs.
Pegasix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Sounds like a good idea. I am not too into modding the wheel itself although may be an option. And being new to this a lot of this stuff is overwhelming to me with the amount of aftermarket these things have. What is the difference of those hubs you mentioned and what is it they actually do?

Also is there really not a cheaper set of just bead locks with a better off set. Again new to this so finding some of this stuff is a little difficult for me as I am still learning.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

vanquish hubs will allow different offsets. The top of them, as they sit in the pic, will mount to your stock hex's. other end gets bolted to the wheel.

Mod would require drilling holes in the wheels to allow the hubs to mount to them.

I really dont think your gonna find a greater offset wheel. Maybe custom but not cheap.

Are you running the stock ax-10 chassis? That would explain alot if so, need to narrow that thing.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Yes I am running the stock AX-10 everything except for tires and I changed the motor out. I found the RTR in my LHS never been ran but he got it in on trade so I got it pretty cheap. Like I said I am really new to RC so I haven't quite figured out the aftermarket yet. So why is it you are saying I need to narrow it?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Disregard the chassis comment. Not sure what i was thinking.
Seen the pics in your other thread. Hubs would be a fairly simple fix, or could move shocks and lower links in on the axle. I got the same wheels and that's the route I went, can't afford hubs.
Widening with beef tubes and wraith axles is another route that would really strengthen and give way better turning. Again tho, spendy.

Sent by my fingers tapping glass
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
RCC Addict

i run sedona's on stock 8hole axial rims on my ax10.. the only thing it rubs a tiny bit on is the front shocks when turning..

if you want wider then get some wheel wideners... a couple of my friends run them i will find out who makes them because they work really well.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

It does rub on the links a little bit when turning. But when its articualting it gets into the body and link/shock even more just want to set the wheels out a little bit so when it is flexing it can be free to move and turn and giving it a little wider stance I think it will look better, be more stable and perform a little better for me.

I am kind of liking vanquish but seems if i bought wheels from them it would be pricey. Someone suggested modding my rims to fit vanquish hubs. I am growing more fond of this idea has anyone done it what does it really take to get them bolted up? Just drill out the bolt pattern and screw them in or what?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I relocated my shocks and links further inward, but still grabbed the links with the side lugs. I shaved the lugs off the inside of the tire, it still rubbed but it was smooth so it didn't catch. I didn't want to widen it in any way because I like how narrow it is stock. Also, shaving the side lugs softens the tire up more. As for the body, I trimmed every area that I could off of it for clearance.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

G-made (Jun Fac) wideners will work also. You can find em at Tcs Crawlers. Just bolt em up and go
SHOtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

If your a do it your selfer this will help.
Drill press rim mod's with VP hubs
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

I think I like the wheel widener idea. Fairly cheap and easy to change so if I don't like the width I can easily change it back and I am not out much. Thanks for all the help.

sedonas on AX-10 need more off set and wider wheel. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will a DNA206 berg wheel make a wraith more narrow or wider??? BRANDON1987 Axial Wraith 4 12-14-2011 08:27 PM
Wider wheel hexes out there than these? jeepster73 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 01-27-2011 09:44 AM
Wider wheel hex ? LIFTED-ZJ Axial SCX-10 9 06-30-2010 10:10 PM