Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: My New TSS 2.2 Robby Gordon Beadlocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My New TSS 2.2 Robby Gordon Beadlocks

Even tho its now a year since my wraith has been used I cant seem to stop buying something every so often This upgrade however I wanted when I first got it but got talked into other wheels I never was very thrilled with. I came across these and really liked them and at $99 its a was a good deal to me, shoot less then I paid for the cac's that are delrin and cant get replacement hexes for
So bought these Tues and got em today, I hopped on Yeti Hunter(my MTB) yesterday and ran over to VP to get some hubs( I got the .350 spacing hubs which seems are used the most for wraiths) lol and no didnt see any squatches... saw some scary hairy looking beasts of some women! Does that count?
Tore the box open and this is what you get

Nice heh...Get out your best 1.5mm hex driver cause your gonna use it! 24 2mm screws per wheel and need a 3/32 and 4/40x1/4 or 3/8 screws, I went with 3/8 for a little extra threads. Be sire to pick up those screws cause they are not included so if you order the VP hubs ask for them then or hit Ace hardware.
Shot of the VP .350 spaced hubs and mounted up with a couple screws just to get a pic. The included scale hubs are cool to! Now just need to find a hookup for some of them cool acorn nuts.

Got one of my new Pitbull Rock Beasts mounted up and test fitted, had a really hard time mounting these before...mainly getting them true, think the double foams make it a bit more tricky?
Yes the preferred food for working on rc, hot tamales!

Get some more shots mounted once I get the tires all mounted and rest of the screws in. You guys loctite all them?
Great work Cory and awesome service as well
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My New TSS 2.2 Robby Gordon Beadlocks

Got them mounted, have 2 that are out of round so need to recheck the beads. Couple shots from a little area I tossed together one day to test on.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You know in your first set of picts I didn't think the black wheel w/ the silver hub would look good... but damn when you have it on the rig those wheels look slick. Great choice of wheels!
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes I agree these wheels look Amazing. Even more amazing is the price that you can get a set for. Def a the most quality for the buck! I have the same wheels set and they go together smooth as buttah
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the comments guys.
The price is awesome on these for sure! One reason I went with them and glad I did.

Why VP uses 4/40 screws on the hubs is odd why not 3mm like everything else?
Got one side fully done, all screws in. These tires have beena beast to get balanced!! RIght now their as good as it gets lol. Its the foams not the rims or anything, have to squeeze the tires and try to get the sweet spot for the foams centered up.
What do you think about black screws on the center hub? Thought about it and was thinking might break up some of the chrome? I know gonna ask me to put em in and take a pic

Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ive seen some guys use black screws and i LOVE the look. sadly i dont have any black 4-40s or id do it to my own wheels!
id say definatly go for it!

love the orange on that rig.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Why I was saying VP should thread their hubs in 3mm I have those for days, I have been to our lhs and hardware stores and all I can find is the black 4/40 but no stainless. Afraid to call vp and ask what they want lol.
Payday I might just order up some but I will stick the black in and post
LIke my gf says I cant color cordinate lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #9

Savage03, thanks for posting this, I was looking at these wheels wondering how they went on the Wraith.
I have a question for you, what knuckles, tie rod and arms are you using? any binding or rubbing?
As you can tell, I'm new to this.
I'm building a Wraith kit and have Ackerman arms and tie rod and these wheels fit the bill right now.
I've seen threads where they have this issue with other set ups...so, just wondering.
Thanks!
racer155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I have the same robby gordon rims/pitbull tires on my wraith with the narrower 225 hubs and ackerman arms with zero clearance issues, your good
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

With the .350 hubs I have no issues using everything VP, all links, knuckles are vp.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
With the .350 hubs I have no issues using everything VP, all links, knuckles are vp.
Yesss! thanks for answering our questions Savage03 and dittohead! so pretty much any VP hub will do.
How do you like these wheels so far? Do you have a build thread by chance? Post a link please..
Thanks!

racer155
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Been busy and wanting on a part I need so havent had a chance to run them yet but considering what I had before (didnt like them) I really dig these! Kinda hate to go scratch em up lol.
Well their is a build on when I got my wraith its just not on here lol. Wanna know where pm me, got alot going on and dont feel like transfering it all over here(have my own forum).
Old 07-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I have a set in 1.9's....I love em...and it was the main reason I bought a power driver....best ??$ I ever spent...just short of 100 screws for all four tires...not counting the hubs. I like the chrome screws against the black, sets the wheel off just right.

Looks great with your orange body as well...nice ride
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

lol did the same, hit up wallymart and got a skill driver, low power but its nice,, cann turn it to be like a gun shape or straight. Then hit ebay for some 2mm and 3/32 bits to fit it from integy and snap on belive it or not the integy ones work very and they are long while the snap ones are short but sure makes fast work driving them screws....just be sure to not drive them all the way to the end, get em close then finish off with a hand wrench.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #16

I just wanted to share I just bought a set of these bad boys in black! Can't wait to have them in my hands....Now onto choosing hubs...
Thanks for all the input received!

racer155

My New TSS 2.2 Robby Gordon Beadlocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~TSS~ 1.9 Robby Gordon Beadlocks STANG KILLA SS Tires and Wheels 8 04-16-2013 09:46 PM
My TSS Robby Gordon Beadlocks Boomstk74 Tires and Wheels 3 02-08-2013 09:18 AM