Notices

Thread: Pro-Line Rock Rage 3.8 Tires & F-11 MT Wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #1

Default Pro-Line Rock Rage 3.8 Tires & F-11 MT Wheel

Pro-Line Rock Rage 3.8 Tires & F-11 MT Wheel

Height: 7.15" (182mm)
Width: 3.76" (96mm)

I was looking for some new tires for my clod (56 Ford body) and came across Pro-Line's new Rock Rage 3.8 tires. They're a bit narrower but a bit taller than the stock clod tires. I got the pre-mounted ones with the 1/2" offset F-11 wheels. While they do fit directly to the clod using 17mm replacement hex adaptors the tires do hit the suspension links at full steering travel so I used a set of 1" wheel spacers that I already had. Now everything fits perfectly. Actually 1/2" or 3/4" spacers would be enough.

While they look great on the Clod more importantly it's how well they work. So far I've only had the chance to run them out back of the house but first impressions are what a great bashing tire. Amazing grip on wet grass. Climbed a hill with longish wet grass as though it was a paved surface. Climbed well over concrete blocks without the wet tires slipping. On smooth wet concrete traction wasn't as good though with some slipping (wheelspin). I'd imagine these tires would struggle crawling over wet smooth rocks.

The rubber is a relatively hard compound and the foams are also hard. Fine on something heavy like a Clod but if I was using them on something lighter I'd get the unmounted tires and some softer foams. THe Rock Rage & wheel weighs 374 grams and the stock Clod tire & wheel weighs 375 grams.

Conclusions:
A basher tire rather than a rock crawling tire. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for the basher though, and they do look great !!!

Last photo shows the Rock Rage with a stock Clod tire and a 2.2 Sedona.

John
Attached Images

johninderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Pro-Line Rock Rage 3.8 Tires & F-11 MT Wheel - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro-Line Super Swamper TSL SX tires 1.9 & 2.2 coming soon! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 56 09-21-2010 11:47 AM