Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: locked up rc wheels questions,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default locked up rc wheels questions,

so i want to order a set but im so lost on what hardware i need to order from them i want the scale hardware in zinc but how much of what ones do i need there so vague on the sight and they dont tell if the wheels are easy mount or not and im just lost.
gunder463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: locked up rc wheels questions,

All of LURC's are Easy Mounts now, I think Patrick converted everything over when he changed the beadlock bolt pattern. For their wheels, you'll need to purchase the M2x7mm Zinc scale hardware and a bag of M2x1mm (85).

To install the scale hardware, you'll also need to purchase the 2mm Hex Socket driver.

When installing those M2x1mm faux screws, I highly suggest you take the extra time and rethread the threads with the supplied M2 nuts. It will make your life much easier and it will keep for the threads stripping out in the beadlock ring.

Last edited by Lentsnh2012; 12-06-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Don't waste your time with the 2x1mm faux screws. They SUCK. Just get multiple bags of the regular bead lock scale bolts. That's the whole point of the easy mount wheels.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
All of LURC's are Easy Mounts now, I think Patrick converted everything over when he changed the beadlock bolt pattern. For their wheels, you'll need to purchase the M2x7mm Zinc scale hardware and a bag of M2x1mm (85).

To install the scale hardware, you'll also need to purchase the 2mm Hex Socket driver.

When installing those M2x1mm faux screws, I highly suggest you take the extra time and rethread the threads with the supplied M2 nuts. It will make your life much easier and it will keep for the threads stripping out in the beadlock ring.
okay thank you so much,
Old 12-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Don't waste your time with the 2x1mm faux screws. They SUCK. Just get multiple bags of the regular bead lock scale bolts. That's the whole point of the easy mount wheels.
Thank you for correcting me. I totally forgot that Patrick drills the holes for just normal sized screws.

Just do some easy math to calculate how many bags you need to buy of the M2x7mm scale hardware.

1 30 pack will take care of the main bead setting screws, then there is a set of 3 for every one mounting screw.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
Thank you for correcting me. I totally forgot that Patrick drills the holes for just normal sized screws.

Just do some easy math to calculate how many bags you need to buy of the M2x7mm scale hardware.

1 30 pack will take care of the main bead setting screws, then there is a set of 3 for every one mounting screw.
i placed the order and got 90 of the screws dont know if its enough but i said F them little 1mm screws didnt wanna mess with em.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Why not contact Patrick ( locked up rc) thru is store or via a pm on here ? He is extremly helpful and does is very best to make the consumer happy. Tell him what wheels you want and he will tell you what and how much hardware to get.

They are so detail and customer driven, he even has a note on the top of the website to let all know he will be at an event untill 12/8... and orders will ship on the 9th....

Communication is number1 in customer service
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
Fan of wheelspeed

"If you do not have a set of our Easy Mount wheels you can use 18 of our M2x1 "faux" screws to thread into the ring. You can also use any M2 hardware (scale hex bolt or cap head) of your choice and shorten the screws to be flush with the back of the ring once threaded into it. Either way will allow you to mount the ring to several different brands of wheels. The ring still mounts to the wheel with only 6 screws (don't cut these!), making your life much easier when working with foams and weights. "

Simple math for the scale hardware on the face of the wheel, 18+6=24 screws per wheel when using the LockedUp beadlock rings . So if you buy 4 wheels with 4 rings you'll need a grand total of 96 screws. (this was figured using the 1.9 wheel with Inspired rings) 18 of the screws will be for looks while the other 6 will actually mount the rings to the wheels.

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 12-06-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
"If you do not have a set of our Easy Mount wheels you can use 18 of our M2x1 "faux" screws to thread into the ring. You can also use any M2 hardware (scale hex bolt or cap head) of your choice and shorten the screws to be flush with the back of the ring once threaded into it. Either way will allow you to mount the ring to several different brands of wheels. The ring still mounts to the wheel with only 6 screws (don't cut these!), making your life much easier when working with foams and weights. "

Simple math for the scale hardware on the face of the wheel, 18+6=24 screws per wheel when using the LockedUp beadlock rings . So if you buy 4 wheels with 4 rings you'll need a grand total of 96 screws. (this was figured using the 1.9 wheel with Inspired rings) 18 of the screws will be for looks while the other 6 will actually mount the rings to the wheels.
damn ill be 6 short :P

locked up rc wheels questions, - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which SLW Hubs For Locked Up Wheels? Dirty 'Yota Axial Wraith 7 09-04-2014 02:18 PM
New wheels from Locked Up RC sgtsteve Tires and Wheels 4 04-09-2012 10:35 AM