Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels
Loading

Notices

Thread: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
SSD
RCC Addict
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,374
Default New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels







1.9" Rugged Beadlock Wheels (Black)








1.9" Rugged Beadlock Wheels (Silver)
SSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Satan's Armpit
Posts: 210
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Listen, SSD, I'm trying my hardest to hold on to my wallet here!
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 401
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Oh my, those silver wheels.....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,350
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Not bad... not bad at all...
soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:08 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 143
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Very cool wheels!
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:38 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Laceys Spring, Alabama
Posts: 1,038
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

I like the offset. Looks great.
Killa-Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #7
SSD
RCC Addict
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,374
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Thanks guys. The photos may make them look rather simple but they are very 3D and solid looking in your hand.
I find this is the case with a lot of my wheels actually. Also that's the first all silver wheel we made.
SSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: @toyolien on Instagram
Posts: 597
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

When will black rings on their own be available?
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 401
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Thanks guys. The photos may make them look rather simple but they are very 3D and solid looking in your hand.
I find this is the case with a lot of my wheels actually. Also that's the first all silver wheel we made.
They look tremendous fella

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #10
JC3
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Low CG
Posts: 186
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Looking good! How do you determine what the backspace will be on the wheels that you make? My current SSD wheels have a 10.5 backspacing which is perfect for my TRX4. Other wheels I've tried, that have different backspacing, didn't fit very well.
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #11
SSD
RCC Addict
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,374
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Looking good! How do you determine what the backspace will be on the wheels that you make? My current SSD wheels have a 10.5 backspacing which is perfect for my TRX4. Other wheels I've tried, that have different backspacing, didn't fit very well.
I have been designing 1.9 wheels for over 12 years now so I know what will work on most axles. Also as we make knuckles etc.. for all the common platforms I will check they fit in the 3D CAD model before committing to a particular design.

These wheels have 14mm backspacing and will clear TRX-4 portals with SSD brass covers installed.
SSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #12
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 794
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Wow! I found the wheels for my next build! Great job SSD!

Last edited by B-MOW71; 06-12-2019 at 08:11 AM.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #13
JC3
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Low CG
Posts: 186
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
I have been designing 1.9 wheels for over 12 years now so I know what will work on most axles. Also as we make knuckles etc.. for all the common platforms I will check they fit in the 3D CAD model before committing to a particular design.

These wheels have 14mm backspacing and will clear TRX-4 portals with SSD brass covers installed.
Thanks for the reply. My experience hasn't been clearance issues with the portals, rather it's clearance with the (Samix or stock) steering knuckles. I tried mounting a set of SSD Rock Racer wheels to my X4 and the front tire (stock Canyon Trails) sidewalls rubbed on the knuckles. The extra width and backspacing of the Rock Racers contributed to this. My SSD 00006's fit perfectly. For this reason, I was curious as to the increase in backspacing on many wheels.
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Indiana
Posts: 116
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

I like them!!! They will look great on the new trail king!! My money is disappearing too quick!!
bikepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #15
SSD
RCC Addict
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,374
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Thanks for the reply. My experience hasn't been clearance issues with the portals, rather it's clearance with the (Samix or stock) steering knuckles. I tried mounting a set of SSD Rock Racer wheels to my X4 and the front tire (stock Canyon Trails) sidewalls rubbed on the knuckles. The extra width and backspacing of the Rock Racers contributed to this. My SSD 00006's fit perfectly. For this reason, I was curious as to the increase in backspacing on many wheels.
Ok understand why you asked now. I prefer to have the most back spacing possible on any wheel as most people want their wheels/tires to be inside or close to being able to tuck inside the body wheel arch. It's easy to space a wheel out with offset hubs. We have 3mm off set hubs: 3mm Offset Wheel Hub with Brake Rotor

Also these and other aluminum wheels are wider than the steel wheels you have so the extra width went in the rear of the wheel.
SSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,548
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Wheels look good. I'd love if you did a polished aluminum wheel rather than coated silver. Any plans for that?
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,449
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Dremel with a buffer wheel and some mag polish? ;) I've done it before. takes no longer than tightening all those scale beadlock bolts lol
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,231
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Big fan of these wheels, they look like something off a Ultra 4 rig that just gets mercilessly beat up and keeps going. Guess that's why they are called the "Rugged".

Since we can buy SSD wheels and SSD brake rotor hubs, how about offering some SSD scale lugs to complete the full scale treatment?
svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where the sheep run scared.
Posts: 2,834
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Mmmmmm. I just love SSD.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #20
SSD
RCC Addict
 
SSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,374
Default Re: New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Wheels look good. I'd love if you did a polished aluminum wheel rather than coated silver. Any plans for that?

Takes time to polish though. More expensive.

We could do raw.
SSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



New SSD 1.9 Rugged Wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SSD 2.2 Proline Rings for SSD wheels SSD Tires and Wheels 32 02-07-2017 10:56 PM
SSD wheels and SSD knuckle interference? skybolt Tires and Wheels 7 02-13-2016 02:56 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com