Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Deep Woods vs Showdown 1.9's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Deep Woods vs Showdown 1.9's

I've never run anything in their M4 (that I remember?) but I'd have to agree that the Duratrax C3 is softer than G8, but maybe not quite as soft as Predator (which is listed as about equal to M4) Hard to really judge them compared to Predator compound though since the tread patterns of the tires I've compared are drastically different. All that said, the DeepWoods are one of my favorite crawling tires and I probably ought to buy another set before Horizon gives them the axe due to the Proline buyout.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Deep Woods vs Showdown 1.9's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
I bought the Deep Woods and they are working pretty well. Overall they foams are quite stiff on my 6 lb 14 ounce Ascender. The foams are stiffer then the stock Vaterra foams. They work better in the woods and some rocks, but have found them to not do as well in a few slicker rock crawling situations. I wonder how this will get as they break in? I think the foams are too stiff which is odd because all the pictures and videos show them as super soft. Maybe they changed the foams.
I recently got a set of C3 Showdowns. After I mounted them (Axial plastic bead locks that came with the Capra) I too was thinking to myself "Man! The included foams are stiff!" Since I didn't have anything else to replace them with I just went ahead and used them.

I've done about 2 miles of trailing so far (SCX 0FG) and some light crawling over rocks and I just went down to the basement to take a look at them when I read your post.

Well I'll be darned! They seem to have softened up a bit! So maybe a little more break in and the foam will really soften up. I never thought that foam breaks in but think about the kitchen sponge. Brand new one is quite stiff. Mid way through it's life and it's soft. Towards the end, it's limp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splyn View Post
th foams that came in my DeepWoods seem to be too big. They were stuffed into the tire and were "folded" in several places. i tried to even it out, but it just kept folding. seem to be too big.
You really have to work on it. I too was a bit concerned when my Showdowns came. The foams were folded and jammed into each tire. Just massage, stretch, redistribute. Repeat. They will eventually even out.

The first time I did it I missed a spot on one wheel and you can definitely see the spot where it folded or bunched up. Undo the bead locks and tried again and it was good.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Default Deep Woods vs Showdown 1.9's

I’ve got some 2.2 badlands in M4. Stock foams that was star cut. Its on a completely different rig and with them being so wide its difficult to compare. All I know is they grip on almost anything. Much better than anything else I have. But they are double the width of everything else... Its almost unfair to take the rig out with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HugoBiermann; 10-08-2020 at 02:56 AM.
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote

Deep Woods vs Showdown 1.9's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.2 Deep woods for the yeti, any good? Jeep757 Axial Yeti 3 02-10-2018 09:15 AM