Notices

Thread: Vanquish VXT-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2024, 09:24 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vanquish VXT-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
The vxt2’s measure 5” tall. The falken mt’s are right at the 4.65” mark. I’m curious to see what the new Yokohama 4.75’s measure out to.

Here’s a vxt2 next to a 4.75” JConcepts landmine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that pic. Mine should be here today.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Sandstone does put noticeable wear on tires, especially if you have a lot of underdrive/overdrive. I've never worn a set out though. Usually swap them out to something else before then. One set of my Tusks is probably ~1/2 tread and they have quite a bit of run time on them. At the moment, those are my favorite tires unless its wet.

For a while, we had big groups going out there every Sunday (Calico). I always took my crawlers to Logandale with me when we'd camp and Jeep. Only took them out to Valley of Fire once. I like crawling with a group and nobody seemed to want to go out there. I lived in Henderson so Calico was not much closer to me.

Interesting, I much prefer to crawl alone, so heading out into the boonies is my preference. I'm 5 minutes from Red Rock, so if I'm in a time crunch, I'll run over to Calico.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:31 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Got the tires a couple days ago. I removed them from the wheels and vented them. For now, I have them mounted up to a set of DLux ultralights. Might put them back on the plastic wheels though. I'd just want to grab another pair of aluminum rings first. They're super soft and sticky and of course tall. The VP foam is different than CI or Proline. The outer is more coarse feeling. Maybe I will download Tapatalk later so I can post a pic. I have them on the rear of my comp truck with the Tusks on the front (trying to figure out what hubs I need for the DLux wheels) and it looks pretty funny.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:46 AM   #44
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Interesting, I much prefer to crawl alone, so heading out into the boonies is my preference. I'm 5 minutes from Red Rock, so if I'm in a time crunch, I'll run over to Calico.
I can relate. I am solo a solid 70% of the time I crawl. One or two of my kids are with me the rest. My favorite spots are a distance away from people. I like getting in the zone and completely lost in it for hours at a time.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:39 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Got my first short run on them last Saturday after our competition. I was just running the courses with my VRD Carbon after everyone was done to see how they compared to the Tusks. It was pretty cold (~40 f) outside. The area we were in is a creek bottom so the rocks are smooth and slick and since it was in the shade, the rocks stayed cold. The tires did very good until they got wet. Then they slid around just like the Tusks and most other tires were doing. The added height was a slight advantage in a couple places. No real sidehills on the courses to see how much of an effect they had on COG.

The real comp series starts next month. Maybe I can get a little more runtime on them before then. I'm heading down to a team comp in TX Saturday but I'll probably stick with the faithful old Tusks for this one. Guess it will depend on the course.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:46 AM   #46
RCC Addict

I spent a little more time running with the VXT2s Saturday. This time I ran them back to back against my Tusks on the same two trucks. One truck is a pretty much stock VRD Carbon, the other is a custom build with an Exo chassis and F10 portals. I'm running BAMF inserts up front on the Tusks and YZZR softs in the rear. The rocks were grippy dry sandstone. Outside temp was ~70 degrees.

While the VXT2s did good, The Tusks definitely had the advantage with traction and the extra side lug helped as well. There were a few lines I was able to pull with the Tusks that the VXT2s just would not do. That was my first time putting the Tusks on the Carbon and I was actually able to pull some tough lines that impressed me. The little bit of sidehill on this course wasnt enough to gauge the impact on COG.

Vanquish VXT-2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish VXT vs Hyrax knockoffs gein Tires and Wheels 12 10-20-2023 04:38 PM
vanquish vxt foams lurch Tires and Wheels 3 12-22-2021 04:54 PM
What’s the verdict on the Vanquish vxt tire? Desmo Tires and Wheels 28 01-06-2019 05:12 PM